View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Raid Australia 2016 
viking bastard

Post Raid Australia 2016
It is way to early but to answer your question I can give limited info at this stage.
I will conduct the raid survey august-september 2014 from somehwere on the west coast of Western Australia, maybe along the Capricorn line across to the east coast ending near Byron Bay
Based on earlier raids, participants are paying around 1000 AU dollars per car (not sure about co-drivers yet to be established)

Shipping cost from the UK I do not know except the last AK 350 leaving Southampton ending in Melbourne Roll on Roll off cost around 4000 AU dollars.
Add return cost as the raid car can not remain in Australia unless you know an Australian willing to import the car for you.

The 2cv needs a Carnet de Passage (see goggle) in order to clear Customs etc.

Please do not hold me responsable as things do change quickly. Browse this website for further info on earlier raids. http://www.raidaustralia.com/
Sadly little info is available from last raid 2012. Not that it matters much, updated info will be uploaded usually around 18 month before the start.

Claudette wrote:

Would be very interested any chance of more information of the proposed 2016 raid and perhaps some details of getting a car there from the UK

December 31st, 2012, 10:47 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Raid Australia 2016
Peter, can we take it that you will be running raid 2016?

There has been little to no information to date

January 5th, 2013, 11:29 am
viking bastard

FDK683 wrote:

No Ian.
2016 is organized by Gamboli and his team. Gricy and I will look after the TEC side and more or less stay out of the rest´. You know how ''people-dividing'' Raid Australia has been and continue to be. I'm doing the Raid Survey with a small group of helpers, thats all.

January 5th, 2013, 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

A small update from http://raidaustralia.com/raid-arnhem-2016/:

Quote:
The raid organising team is getting ready to leave for the survey next month.

Raid Arnhem 2016 will start in Alice Springs on the 1st of August 2016 and will finish back in Alice Springs about a month later. The Raid route itself is subject to change as the actual survey has not been completed yet. Depending on internet connections etc, you will find some reports on the Raid Australia site in the next few weeks.

Once the survey is all finished, you can expect all the details to be available on the website and in the newsletter, including registration details etc, sometime before the end of the year.

Arnhem Land is one of the most pristine places in Australia, we've all seen Crocodile Dundee right! This will be the chance of a lifetime, as access is by permit only.

Wishing the survey team all the best.

Harley

July 13th, 2015, 3:30 am
Firing on two.

2CViking wrote:
FDK683 wrote:

No Ian.
2016 is organized by Gamboli and his team. Gricy and I will look after the TEC side and more or less stay out of the rest´. You know how ''people-dividing'' Raid Australia has been and continue to be. I'm doing the Raid Survey with a small group of helpers, thats all.

One day im going to do this, as for the "People dividing" being Scottish i can fall out with everyone and so will be a stabilizing influence...in fact they need me -better get on to Quantas :lol: ;)

July 13th, 2015, 8:13 am

Rather than cut and paste everything, basic information for the 2016 Raid Arnhem is now available from the Raid Australia website:
http://raidaustralia.com/

Registrations are open.

As Harley noted, if you want to see where you're going, get the first Crocodile Dundee film on DVD and watch the opening credit sequence.

RAID 2016 is underway! See http://www.2cv.com.au/forumdisplay.php/ ... ralia-2016 and just accept the site will always be way out of date because most of the RAID route is nowhere near mobile wifi to give updates.

September 17th, 2015, 7:46 am

Greetings from Raid Australia 2016.
Mad Max was a documentary...

Attachments:
madmax1.jpg
madmax1.jpg [ 21.48 KiB | Viewed 13899 times ]

RAID 2016 is underway! See http://www.2cv.com.au/forumdisplay.php/ ... ralia-2016 and just accept the site will always be way out of date because most of the RAID route is nowhere near mobile wifi to give updates.
August 16th, 2016, 3:01 am
Firing on two.

Anybody considering this for 2018.....
http://www.raidnz.com.au/

October 14th, 2016, 5:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]