View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 11:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 READ THIS! Recent I2F news and changes... 

Post READ THIS! Recent I2F news and changes...
Hello International 2cv friends.

We bring some news about changes to the site which are effective from now. Firstly, We'd like to thank Tom Duckpower for his role as moderator until now, and thank him further for agreeing to step up to full admin POWAH! from now on. He'll now be able to do the same things Max, Russell and Neil can. This doesn't affect members in any way except that now Tom has more access to the 'behind the scenes' areas of the website and might well be able to solve problems that occur when the rest of us aren't available.

The second change we're making is the inroduction of a 'Sin Bin'. This isn't something we're proud of, and it goes very much against the ethos and ideals under which we set the website up. We've had several quite serious reports of bullying and generally despicable behaviour both publically and via PM. We will not tolerate it. We're proud of the diverse selection of 2cv drivers, owners and enthusiasts we've managed to amass here, we do value all our members. Well, most of them anyway. The vast majority of members won't need to worry about this scheme. Any member who's been reported or noticed being rude, sniping, having an uncalled for rant at any other member will recieve a warning. Once any member has recieved three warnings they won't recieve a fourth, instead their I2F account will be removed. It might seem extreme but we're a little fed up with receiving PM'd from upset members who've been on the recieving end of a bilious PM or comment from another.

I hope you guys understand why we've done this, and hopefully it'll put a stop to any unpleasantness one way or another.

Kind regards,

The I2F team.

October 8th, 2010, 11:12 pm
Aircooled Idiot

Post Re: READ THIS! Recent I2F news and changes...
if i may say congrats to tom :D
also the warning scheme is a good idea, does it block there email adress from registering, and / or there ip adress?
a few other forums im members of publicly show the warnigns so every post it says "warning" etc.
i got a warning on another for spamming :roll: oh well never mind!
:D

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 10th, 2010, 6:35 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Jameswallace wrote:
does it block there email adress from registering, and / or there ip adress?

Neither are in any way foolproof.

Quote:
a few other forums im members of publicly show the warnigns so every post it says "warning" etc.

I think that's a very bad idea, tbh. I'd far rather any warnings be behind-the-scenes. Only between the admins and the recipient. It'd also be nice if they expired over time - think "points on your licence"...

October 10th, 2010, 9:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

I'd sooner we dispensed with troublemakers as soon as possible, and that's the idea behind it. We don't want to be seen as a soft touch, and it's about time we grew a pair.

October 10th, 2010, 9:38 pm
Aircooled Idiot

Russell wrote:
and it's about time we grew a pair.

:lol:
toomany2cvs wrote:
Jameswallace wrote:
does it block there email adress from registering, and / or there ip adress?

Neither are in any way foolproof.

Quote:

I think that's a very bad idea, tbh. I'd far rather any warnings be behind-the-scenes. Only between the admins and the recipient. It'd also be nice if they expired over time - think "points on your licence"...

i geuss your right, i think it would be better behind the scenes, then you wouldnt feel so humiliated or disaapointed if it was a one off.

1988 2cv 652cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 10th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

I agree that warnings are a matter only for admin and the miscreant involved, therefore should be given via pms.

I mean, what should we be trying to achieve? Hopefully it's just to keep some peeps on the straight and narrow - those who may well contribute usefully to the forum, but who sometimes might get a little carried away... A pm'd nudge should put most of them right.

And if it doesn't, then admin have the ultimate power.

A public warning can have a counter-effect; some red-necks might see it as a challenge and then rejoin under new names just to make their 'point'. Others might see it as negating any need for giving an apology.

Gently does it. In the first instance. Then we send in Old Nail...

October 10th, 2010, 10:21 pm
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:
I'd sooner we dispensed with troublemakers as soon as possible, and that's the idea behind it. We don't want to be seen as a soft touch, and it's about time we grew a pair.

Its a dangerous path you tread with that attitude Russell. Are you saying that your view [or the other moderators] is the only view. There have been many dictators in history who have had a softer line than this.

No offence is implied or intended with any of my posts. I love you all, well most of you anyway.

October 10th, 2010, 11:07 pm
Firing on two.

Can we call them ASERIESBOS?

October 10th, 2010, 11:11 pm
Firing on two.

We're running a web forum. OUR forum, that we want to run OUR way. If you don't like it, don't use it! All we're asking for is for people to try and be nice to one another, if members can't do that, Neil and I don't want them as members, and I can't see why anybody else should.

October 10th, 2010, 11:14 pm
Aircooled Idiot

Russell wrote:
We're running a web forum. OUR forum, that we want to run OUR way. If you don't like it, don't use it! All we're asking for is for people to try and be nice to one another, if members can't do that, Neil and I don't want them as members, and I can't see why anybody else should.

its a good point put pretty straight i must admit ;)

1988 2cv 652cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 10th, 2010, 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next