View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Electric cabin heater 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Electric cabin heater
Haha Jonathan that's brilliant.

And Roger I knew you'd say that haha.

October 6th, 2021, 12:09 am
Firing on two.

The cabin heating issue has been addressed already from the introduction of 2CV back in 1948, as being one of the few cars of the era equiped with a heater.
Nevertheless, being the 2CV a wold car, for extreme cold environments there was the chauffage gurtner dating from 1966.
Anyway don't even bother with pathetic electric heaters ang go straight for a heated seat cover, after dealing with any air draught shortcomings.
Also for severe winter preparations:
http://www.sitruuna.com/654321/2CV-preparations2004.pdf

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

October 6th, 2021, 8:51 am

In figure 7 you can see partial separation from front to back areas as AZL57 proposed, to keep warm air coming from engine to stay in the foot area, smart approach.

Couple of links from burton related to the alternative solutions:
seat heaters: https://www.burton2cvparts.com/interior ... e-in-a-car
inline fan: https://www.burton2cvparts.com/interior/hot-air-blower

October 6th, 2021, 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Taskos that's a great guide. Thanks. In particular I like the pulling on the choke before shitti g off the engine. Mine is a good starter in the winter, but wasn't always , haha.

The switch for the alternator is a really great idea!

In truth, I only need to demist my windscreen. I do long journeys on the motorway and it gets a bit awful having the window open and constantly wiping to be able to see.

October 6th, 2021, 8:20 pm
Firing on two.

Those winter -spec issues, normal for us who lives with a lot of snow and really cold and long winters. And, Jukka who wrote that, has driven with 2CV at least four decades and mostly with only 2CV:s and Dyane:s, so some experience he has...

Ianredspecial wrote:
In truth, I only need to demist my windscreen. I do long journeys on the motorway and it gets a bit awful having the window open and constantly wiping to be able to see.

For that, the demister also works better when engine is hot enough. And one point more, the cold air from the back, needs good route out, without that it is almost same when blowing air to bottle...

About petrol heaters, there is nothing to beat them, only issue could come if they are used with timer and pre-heat the cabin. But that is easily solved, use dual batteries (another for heater) or have battery charger installed. Wht both of them, never drained the "starter battery" with Eberspächer what was supplied by "fun-battery", and before that twin-battery -time I have had C-tek charger or similar practically every winter... 1,8kW B1L is enough for Dyane, and with BN4 (about 4kW) can be driven on T-shirt on -35'C...

October 6th, 2021, 9:42 pm
Firing on two.

Unfortunately I can't use my heater due to fumes. I've been trying for a few years and gone to a lot of effort, but it's otherwise great so I've given up and just have it disconnected.
It must be the tiniest leak, but it smells.

The 2cv standard demister is awesome I think, as is the clever heating. Really effective for what it is.
I'm almost tempted to buy the heated windscreen, but I've done such a thorough job of refitting my windscreen and don't want to have wasted all that careful waterproofing.

October 6th, 2021, 10:11 pm

I just installed the fan from Burton in my 2cv, at the passengers feet output.

I wanted it to improve the heating during winter in two situations:
Short trip, in the 5 to 7 minutes after starting engine in the morning, thats the trip from home to my daughter's school, and i want to make a bit more confy this so we can continue enjoying the 2cv for daily commuting.

Mid trip, from the school to my workplace, arround 45min trip.

First test results for the short trip: Noisy fan, it pushes the air but not much, there are many restrictions in the tube diameter and shell intake, the air is also a bit diffused at the cabin entry, maybe a vent to direct the flow can help on better feeling the warm air stream. Also 5 minutes is barely minimum to heat up engine and make the air hot enough.
In any case, seems to be a sligth improvement, it wasnt neither the coldest morning, ill keep testing.

Ill keep using and testing it.

November 2nd, 2021, 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

See that your grille cover is well blocked. I have made a small opening under the rear seats so the air can flow through the car. I also have all my doors insulated with glaswool glued on the door cards. All bits help. Are your paper heater tubes ok? No blockages due to loose foam?

November 2nd, 2021, 10:13 pm
Firing on two.

My friend found this. Quite funny, but if it works... Obviously isn't gonna demist the windscreen, but cosy!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08LD19FB5/ ... UTF8&psc=1

November 14th, 2021, 11:17 pm
Firing on two.

@Ianredspecial

Would you happen to know where Rick Pembro is based please?

November 15th, 2021, 10:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next