View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 34  Next
 My Beduino 
Firing on two.

Post Re: My Beduino
Yesterday, I dropped the front of the fuel tank and cut the old fuel hose off. The new 6mm hose required a hose clip as it wasn't snug.

External electric (3.5psi) FP is next to the tank and has 8mm connector. So checking out the inline filter, it had both 6 and 8mm connections, so an easy replacement.

Though the old hose was in poor and cracked condition, I don't think it was sucking air. The 12v connection was a little suspect and I remade that.

Have to wait until I'm on the motorway to know if its fixed :D

December 4th, 2020, 11:00 am
Firing on two.

FP appears fixed :D

New snag though ....

Went across town yesterday, to drop off a 2cv gearbox, and my battery is going flat! I'll look under the bonnet today if its not raining :) I suspect I'v unplugged something when playing with EFI. :lol:

January 3rd, 2021, 11:37 am
Firing on two.

Fixed

Regulator unplugged! No idea why ..... Senior moment!!! :roll:

After jump start, some driving around has recharged the battery sufficient to start when engine is warm. :)

January 3rd, 2021, 1:19 pm
Firing on two.

Took delivery of a Dyane gearbox today. :)
The plan is (when it gets warmer) to build a 2cv/dyane taller ratio hybrid.

January 5th, 2021, 11:45 pm
Firing on two.

A dyane gearbox should be faster but with the bigger air resistance of your car it might maybe struggle??

January 6th, 2021, 10:59 pm
Firing on two.

I completely understand your concerns regarding over gearing. However, I do eventually intend to add some more HP. Probably changing the gearbox and adding 652 at the same time. I'm also toying with the idea of fitting a Kent cam. :)

January 7th, 2021, 11:27 am
Firing on two.

Hi roger ive got some Dyane boxes from when I did my higher ratio box

January 7th, 2021, 7:53 pm
Firing on two.

Hi Kevin.

I did put a call out some time ago saying I wanted a Dyane diff. I'll see how I get on with the one I have :)

January 11th, 2021, 10:29 am
Firing on two.

What’s the diff ratio in a Diane box?

January 11th, 2021, 10:36 am
Firing on two.

Pete

There are some ratios listed in the Haynes manual.

Way back, I think I worked it out at about 7-8% increase. with 135 tyres it is going up a little more.

The Dyane gearbox itself has a very slightly taller ratio than the 2CV (later Saloon). However, the gearbox ratios are lower, and the diff higher. The Dyane also has lower 1-3 gear ratios with a jump to forth gear.

The combination of the 2cv box and Dyane diff increases the overall ratio across the gears but keeps them evenly spaced.

There is of course the opposite that can be achieved to lower the overall ratio by fitting a 2cv diff to Dyane box. Sometimes favoured by the older vans when loaded.

Possibly advantageous to four wheel drive off road vehicles ..... ;)

January 11th, 2021, 2:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 34  Next