View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
Edce
You would be better off going for simultaneous and 2 squirts first, and when you understand the system and the tuning more, adapt to sequential if you still felt the need. I would think that if you did go from simultaneous to sequential, you wouldn't notice the difference. :)

December 6th, 2020, 12:01 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Guys, please read this. Scroll down to the 2cv. This is a dutch pro making hardware for the megasquirt free programmable efi system..

https://www.efignition.nl/c-3645270/citroen/

This is his vision on electronic ignition and injection to a 2cv

Russ

December 6th, 2020, 12:53 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Thats a very nice write up Geo. :)

December 6th, 2020, 1:12 am
Firing on two.

@LPGo : many thanks for the info, that helps a lot !!! It seems that the full sequential injection has been done before. (I read the following sentence with pleasure : Dan krijgt de 2CV een vol-sequentiele injectie en ontsteking= In this case the 2CV will have its full-sequential injection and ignition).
So I will continue to find solutions for me in that direction. So my understanding of the system was always correct, I was merely seeking confirmation from others to really start making components. Thanks again GEO !

December 6th, 2020, 10:23 am
Firing on two.

LPGO informs me that cutting of one cam from the camshaft and adding an sensor there is also a possibility for the one pulse per cycle. The possible solution (see the pics above) I go for allows to still use a 123 unit for the ignition. In this way concentration goes to injection at first without bordering for the ignition. This creates also more simple start up of the project " sequential injection".

December 6th, 2020, 11:36 am
Firing on two.

Cutting a cam of the camshaft? Couldn't you use the cam of the fuel pump as timing? You will need it no more with the fuel injection?

December 6th, 2020, 12:19 pm
Firing on two.

Azl57

Thats a good idea! :idea:

Its been suggested before that you could get a pulse from a cam lobe with an HE sensor.

I think the difficulty would be finding a simple way to get close enough to the cam.

Worth investigating. :D

December 6th, 2020, 12:48 pm
Firing on two.

And i was thinking of removing the old fuel pump anyway. You know, because i may of needed the room if were to fit a supercharger or something!

I wish ....

December 6th, 2020, 1:15 pm
Firing on two.

@AZL57 : very good idea ! I guess you are sure the camshaft has only one cam for the pump. In that case the rod operating the pump moves up (and hopelyy down by its own) once each engine cycle. One thing to be solved though is a sealed box over the rod opening. Maybe cutting an old pump open, take away all stuff not needed and attach there a Hall sensor being operated by a magnet on the rod. Something to really think about. Thanks !

December 6th, 2020, 1:48 pm
Firing on two.

Hey @Edce

I found one of those TB,s mentioned in the link Geo posted (thanks Geo), on Ebay. £15 inc PnP. I'm mostly interested in the stepper idle control. so even if I dont use the whole TB, depending on how its attached, I may remove the stepper and mount it somewhere.

I was also interested in the electric cooling fan. I did wonder if it could be oil temp operated instead of CHT.

What are your thoughts?

December 6th, 2020, 2:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next