View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 6:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Won't rev 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Won't rev
AZL57 wrote:
And yes lot's of modern condesators are rubbish. I have an 1960s one in the 57 2cv since 30 years never changed it. No problems.

Yes, they are rubbish nowadays. Worst of them doesn't do their job at all, slightly better ones might work some hundred miles...

The best ones what I have bought is for Lada, made in Russia. Cheap also. And potatos too, they work about 100 km before they are green and stop working...

I think they could make good and reliable condensators, if they want so. Just sent back four T-Ford trembler coils, what I tuned and tested, they have over 100 year old condensators inside, and when measured them they still behaved like new. Very confusing, now when they know how to make reliable components, they won't make them...

October 17th, 2019, 10:45 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: �Won't rev
Had to replace again today. So just over one year. Meh.

November 24th, 2020, 7:48 pm
Firing on two.

Electronic ignition is the way to go, as the producers of those cares at least a little about what they produce. The producers of the condensers couldn't care less.

Fit and forget, regarding adjusting the ignition, is the best selling point for electronic ignition though. I love not thinking about it.
My 123 got killed by water ingress after about 7 years. My DG Nition is on it's 6th year now. I sealed that one up before installing it.(Much easier to seal up than the 123) With electronic voltage regulator, I cant see why it shouldn't last "4 ever".

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

November 24th, 2020, 10:44 pm
Firing on two.

Yes I was tempted at one point today. But ended up deciding, surely bad Chinese components will be on those too?
It affects so many other things too, even toasters and washing machines etc. At work we were having a toaster a week at times, not cheap ones, swapped on the guarantee each time.
Went Bosch and no more problems.

November 24th, 2020, 11:27 pm
Firing on two.

i have a lumenition, that im using at the moment, whilst trying to sort out my fuel injection. Im guessing its 20 years old, and never missed a beat. :) Manufacturers dont all use poor quality components. )

November 24th, 2020, 11:41 pm
Firing on two.

Hmm, In my musings I did wonder if the older systems are better. It seems hard to avoid the pot luck quality because it's flooded everything.

But slightly tempted still. Whichever one is easiest to fit, might be worth a try one day. They can just fit over instead of the points box can't they? And self adjusting are they?

November 24th, 2020, 11:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3