View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
@Roger V : Wow, so quick and moreover good news. Thnks a lot !!!

August 13th, 2020, 7:59 pm
Firing on two.

@Roger V : Wideband sensor arrived !!! Now I have to look for a good place. I was thinking to mount it at the outgoing pipe on the first silencer. But I notice that the pipe diameter is quite small there. If I weld two nuts on each other and to the pipe, would the nose of the sensor then be deep enough ?

August 21st, 2020, 3:50 pm
Firing on two.

I put mine on a spare heat exchanger towards the exit. its at the bottom facing up.

Generally speaking, this is not within the guidelines, as its best not to place the sensor where condensation may puddle in it. If the sensor is wet and the heater heats it to quickly, then the ceramic may crack.

I welded in a bung, and bought a stopper to close it off if i remove the sensor.

Not sure how much mine protrudes into the pipe though.

Probably the guideline is more important the further back in the exhaust system that you go.

I noticed some tiny spots of soot when i removed mine recently. I hadnt sealed it totally with weld. Best if it is sealed, as you dont want it sucking in air and messing with the reading.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

August 22nd, 2020, 4:45 pm
Firing on two.

@Roger V : Thnks for info. Now I still have time to look after a place where condensation does have a minimum influence. Perhaps that is on the top of the pipe curve just after the first silencer. I see you used a bung which is already as high as two weld-nuts. So your sensor is just within reach of the exhaust gases. I find this to be a good solution.

August 22nd, 2020, 4:57 pm
Firing on two.

Yeah, that was my first thought for placement. :) However, i have various bit of lpg stuff in that area and didnt want it getting any more crowded. :D

Did you make any progress on your trigger sensor?

August 22nd, 2020, 5:23 pm
Firing on two.

@Roger V : I wait for the magnets to arrive. I have ordered enough so that I can modify a flywheel of a 602 cc and one of a Visa 650 cc. Both will get the 36-1 pattern. I also got the 100 cc Bosch injectors and have the bings for them already modified to the diameter of the rubber seal. I will also modify the inlet manifold to coop with a 40 mm diameter throttle body which has a controllable idle air inlet port. The throttle body has also fitted a position sensor. The inlet manifold will no longer be connected to the outlet manifolds, but these will still be connected to each other by a strong rod.

August 22nd, 2020, 5:45 pm
Firing on two.

I have created a few components for eventually change over to injection later . The inlet manifold contains a box to fit a throttle body to it. It obtained also two ilet ports for the injectors and two stands to fix the cops.
The outlet manifold has been cut loose from the inlet manifold and the two outlets are connected with bars.
The flywheel has now the 36-1 pattern, the 35 holes have magnets glued in.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

October 4th, 2020, 10:55 am
Firing on two.

Thats some nice fabrication there. :D

October 4th, 2020, 11:33 am
Firing on two.

Like the work.
Throttle body from Daewoo matiz?

October 4th, 2020, 12:01 pm
Firing on two.

Good guess Subarupete !!! :idea:
The opening is now 40 mm diameter, but can easily be made smaller by adding a ring inside. It can be enlarged by cutting the existing ring to the wanted diamter. But I guess 40 mm will be OK.

October 4th, 2020, 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next