View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
@jasu : take care with your health ! and many thanks for your promising words about EFI. I hope you still can find the explanative pics, because they tell more then words.

May 28th, 2020, 9:03 am
Firing on two.

@edce

It would appear that in the February 20 version of the firmware, you can select either tps or map as acceleration enrichment. :) So perhaps a tps is not required.

I would be cautious as to how tested it is, as most speedy conversions are just a replacement CPU, and OEM sensors. But generally speaking, a feature is added by an individual who has the requirement, or by the main developer if there are sufficient requests.

I will be trying it when the Shed is up and running again. :D

May 30th, 2020, 9:59 am
Firing on two.

thanks @Roger V : I'll keep that in mind !

May 30th, 2020, 12:21 pm
Firing on two.

I know that for the correction of the air-fuel mixture an WB O2 sensor is a must. No problem to get one, but where in the exhaust best to fix it ? The WB sensor has an internal heater and as such is calibrated. But I guess that the temperature of the gases have an influence too. On modern cars we see them placed rather far away from the engine, mostly close to the last muffler.
Who has experience with where to place the WB O2 sensor on the 2CV exhaust pipe ?

May 31st, 2020, 1:16 pm
Firing on two.

I suspect on modern cars, they are placed after the catalytic converter. I think some may have one before and one after.

I put mine in the heat exchanger mostly for convenience. It facing down, which they don't advise you to do, but again, its convenient.

The most life limiting cause to the O2 sensor is condensation. When the ignition is turned on, the sensor heater turns on, and the engine is cranked, any condensation in the exhaust is blown over the sensor, and the ceramic cracks.

The reason you should not have the sensor the way I have it place, is because condensation/water could pool where the sensor is.

However, I'm not to worried about it as

1) The WBO2 controller has a delay (if you turn the feature on) of 15 seconds built in before the heaters activate.

2) The 12v supply for the controller, and hence the sensor, is taken from the FP relay, in speedy's configuration software. You can set the number of seconds fuel the FP will run (to purge any air), and then turn off if the engine isn't turning.This has the effect of turning off the heater as well.

3) It's the latest ADV from Bosch, and is supposed to be able to cope better with thermal shock, though that doesn't mean it can be abused.

Would be pleased to hear any other thoughts or criticisms on it though. :) it's just the way I've done it. :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

May 31st, 2020, 2:41 pm
Firing on two.

@Roger V : You have mounted the O2 WB sensor in one side of the exhaust. In itself not wrong, but when placed after the first silencer, you would have a control over both cylinders. About the influence of the temperature of the exhaust gases : that we will only know when you have driven the car after the mods. I am very interested to hear your outcome !

June 1st, 2020, 12:45 pm
Firing on two.

Yeah, I take your point about only monitoring one cylinder, but not really an issue.

I have driven the car with the sensor working. No issues with it. :) I've been watching the afr on the carburator. However, with the exhaust leak, im not sure how reliable it was. Where its located, I dont think heat is an issue. :)

June 1st, 2020, 11:05 pm
Firing on two.

Indeed Roger V the temperature may not be a problem, Bosch advises a max of 1000 °C.

June 2nd, 2020, 11:23 am
Firing on two.

@RogerV : I was looking to buy a WB sensor at LD Performances. Something is not wright overthere. No phone connection this morning, no e-mails ansewered. I did send money via Paypal, but my bank gave me a notice to check carefully, so I blocked the payment. Normally if they keep the webshop open, they should also provide for personel, no ?

August 13th, 2020, 6:49 pm
Firing on two.

Hi @Edce :)

I've just phoned them, and expected to get an answer phone as its out of work hours. So was suprised when i got an imediate answer. :D

I got the impression they have been away for a few days ... i think he mentioned last weekend ... anyway, he appeared to recall an email, and he's going to respond to you and hopefully sort it out. :D

August 13th, 2020, 7:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next