View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
@Roger V : I have been reading in the Speeduino forum about the choice for WB o2 sensors. You gave input about LDperformance having a good sensor. Dazq gave a lot of help to found out how to connect to the Speeduino board. I miss the outcome though of his testing. Did you receive his reporting ?

May 10th, 2020, 10:12 am
Firing on two.

If I recall, Dazq was investigating connecting digital to digital. I suspect it got put to one side as he has been doing a lot of work integrating speeduino into CAN. CAN is the system that allows the various peripherals in a modern car to communicate With each other. It may have been this he had in mind. :)

The ldperfomance sensor works very well with its normal analogue set up. Once you have the sensor bung welded to the exhaust, then its very simple to install and configure. Its very responsive. I was tuning the idle on carb with it, and could see the afr change as I turned the idle mixture screw.

May 10th, 2020, 10:54 am
Firing on two.

@Roger V : OK so no issue. How many leads come from the controller to the Speeduino board ?

May 10th, 2020, 11:02 am
Firing on two.

One, and they will share vehicle ground.

If I recall, a lead plugs in from the sensor to the controller. 12v and ground are plugged into the contoller. A single wire goes from controller to speedy. A schematic may be available on their site.

May 10th, 2020, 11:23 am
Firing on two.

question : the sensors have a connector (mostly male) fitted I guess. The female connectors have to be fitted by the use, I also guess. So they need to be bought (somewhere ?). Where am I wrong ?

May 11th, 2020, 4:30 pm
Firing on two.

My 2 plugs worth....
What are you missing, many places in the UK can supply most types of plugs/sockets...

May 11th, 2020, 4:39 pm
Firing on two.

Yes, and I found it difficult to identify some of the connectors. Probably the best way is not to buy a sensor unless you know the connecter for it. :)

I made one for tps.

May 11th, 2020, 4:47 pm
Firing on two.

So my guess was correct, but it also confirmed that simply buying a sensor is half of the job. Thanks for the info Roger V.

May 11th, 2020, 5:43 pm
Firing on two.

FYI

eBay ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw= ... a4ffdba878

May 11th, 2020, 5:53 pm
Firing on two.

Pete useful :)

Some else to consider when selecting sensors, is the any published info regarding resistance ranges.

For example, I have a lpg temperature sensor, but it would be useful if I had data that said @ 20C* the resistance is 10k ohms ... @0C* ohms = 120k etc

You need to consider you approach to engine temperature as well :)

May 11th, 2020, 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next