View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
I haven't got as far petrol as fuel yet, I'm still working on getting Lpg Connected up.

The blowing manifold has slowed me down yet again. :lol:

May 4th, 2020, 9:44 pm
Firing on two.

I had thought at one point, if I could cut the tube of of the bottom of the fuel level sendor and suspend the pump from it. Wouldn't know unless I could get the tank out.

May 4th, 2020, 9:49 pm
Firing on two.

@jasu : the pump you used outside the tank, was that one for inside tank mounting ?
I have an old high pressure pump from an old Toyota, but its too big to go through the hole in the plastic tank of a 2cv. So if I mount it outside somewhere, it would be OK on condition it stays cool.

May 5th, 2020, 9:08 am
Firing on two.

@Roger V : I have been reading your posts on the Speeduino forum. Very interesting to see how a project evolves over time. I also discovered that the forum members have a lot of information available and are of great help.
For me a good reason to start also a project with Speeduino coming winter time.

May 5th, 2020, 9:51 pm
Firing on two.

@edce

They are a great bunch of guys

I read the new posts every day. Its how I've learned what I have. :)

There is also a Slack site where a lot of the development discussion goes on.

There are two facebook groups that I know of.

There is also a Github group, where the firmware versions and all the relevant information regarding pcb's is stored. There are board schematics, component lists, base tunes. Everything you need and all open source.

Tunerstudio was developed for megasquirt, but speeduino works with them to use it as a front end for the tuning interface.

You could use ts as it, or buy a mega2560 £8-15, and stsrt messing with it and start learning. :)

May 5th, 2020, 10:46 pm
Firing on two.

@edce

You have inspired me, I'm looking to attach injector bungs whilst the manifold is off. :D

May 6th, 2020, 8:54 pm
Firing on two.

Likewise Roger V ! I have looked at your very nice machined fly-trigger-wheel. I must admit it is a very cool, but more importantly functional solution.
Question : The missing tooth or teeth, I guess that is for the unique positioning of the crank and hence the camshaft. For a 2cv (I have a Visa) engine, the missing tooth has to be in correlation with the TDP, right ? Should it be such that it is a fixed point for the idle advanced ignition ?
Question : how and where to fix the sensor onto the engine or bellhousing ?
Thanks for your time and advise.

May 6th, 2020, 9:50 pm
Firing on two.

Not so important where the missing tooth is. What is important, is where it is relative to tdc. This a value you enter into tunerstudio when setting up the configuration. Ideally, it wouldn't exactly be tdc, as the processor may be doing other maths at that time. 90* away is preferable Though not critical.

Regarding the HE sensor, I put it in the vee at the top of the engine. You can see the blue sensor holder in an image I posted. Though I have a 2cv engine, I have a dyane cowl and air filter. So the air filter is not central above the engine, but to one side. Sensor could also be mounted to the side of the engine. Ive thought about it being in the points box with an optical sensor. :)

May 6th, 2020, 10:36 pm
Firing on two.

@Roger V :Thanks a lot for the promising info. I have checked that on a Visa engine the Hall sensor can best be mounted against the side of the engine. The bellhousing needs 3 mm separating rings on the engine mounting bolts, otherwise the flywheel touches the bellhousing. On one side this distance ring can be replaced by a bracket (with the same thickness as the rings) for the sensor. Easy...

May 7th, 2020, 10:44 am
Firing on two.

@Roger V : I have now an electronic ignition operated by two magnets on the camshaft. If I apply a Speeduino, can I also make use of the 60-2 fly-trigger-wheel to program the ignition besides the injection ?

May 7th, 2020, 12:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next