View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Long term project, Dyane4x4 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Long term project, Dyane4x4
Sorry to hear that buddy. You take it easy, health is more important than cars. :)

March 29th, 2019, 12:02 am
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Jasu,
time to start wearing a cycling or mountaineering lid when you're out on the ice, please?
The little ones tend to bounce, whereas older ones (like me) tend to break... :)
Anyhow, measured an original fan just now and it's 'just under' 270mm in diameter across the tips of the blades.

I think you'll find that it's time to get the fettling hammer out and restore the radial distance of the fan cowling inlet from the crankshaft nose, as they do suffer from being knocked around.

Ken

March 29th, 2019, 12:38 am
Firing on two.

Thanks for replies and sympaty. Tired to have a great headache, again, some years went without...

But, still try to hassle with these, some kind of therapy also...

Well, removed a fan from supercharged engine, and tried the new one to that engine. It hits also to the cowling on the other engine, so need to make some measuring...

Fuk hitec, more like KISS -princibles with measuring... That is the new one...

...and this is the older one...

About 4mm longer blades, 8mm larger diameter. Friend asked could this be a fan from AK/Ami, did they had little larger fan, didn't they..?

March 30th, 2019, 5:39 pm
Firing on two.

Yes with the inverted plastic cone on the front that is an ami fam. It was in there to guide the starting handle in the dogs. Because you can't see the fan very well behind the ami grille.

March 30th, 2019, 6:23 pm
Firing on two.

AZL57 wrote:
Yes with the inverted plastic cone on the front that is an ami fam. It was in there to guide the starting handle in the dogs. Because you can't see the fan very well behind the ami grille.

But, it is the smaller one... Bought more than ten years ago, maybe over 20 years, still soft. Couple blades slightly broken, forgot to tight the mounting screw once, still hasn't exploded with rough use...

March 30th, 2019, 6:32 pm
Firing on two.

And don't you think the broken blades may cause vibrations that kill the fan in the end? I have still my orginal fan in the car its still flexible after 37 years in the heat ;-)

March 31st, 2019, 12:28 am
Firing on two.

^We have also very cold weather, some times also very long periods. Some said, the cold-hot -transitions make plastic more fragile than constant hot temperature? Don't know si that true..?

Fresh MOT today, again one year road legal. No any issues about, but there is horrible noise inside, need to check some places, somewhere is transmission parts touching the chassis I think...

April 29th, 2019, 2:55 pm
Firing on two.

Lack of traffic, thats how I like it.

April 29th, 2019, 5:10 pm
Firing on two.

Yes, indeed. Some times there is some kind of rush, but not too often. And usually not when I'm driving on, no need to be anywhere when people is driving to their work...

A short video where we are now living. Nice, small village near water...

April 29th, 2019, 5:46 pm
Firing on two.

Windscreen wipers, now they work nice...

Couple of newer 2CV linkages, with 60¨s Dyane linkage ...

Some differences on their output shafts of motor...

Needed to file flat the new motor output shaft, to install the cam from older motor. That way was easier than try to make tapered hole with grooves to the cam...

Made an adapter plate from 3mm aluminium sheet. More than enough mounting holes for motor, thanks to 2 year old "little helper", too easy to confuse, in many areas...

An electrical "adapter" made about 20 years ago, still working...

Some difference on those parts also, old ones are serviceable, when newer aren't...

Couple more lock motors installed, only one to go...

Quite nice, even if I install door cards some day, those can't be seen...

Still need to install motor to one rear door, and try to figure how to operate rear hatch. And all wiring, and try to find decent connectors so the doors can be easily removed when needed so...

May 12th, 2019, 8:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next