View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 4:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 78  Next
 Van repairs 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Van repairs
rob massey55 wrote:

time for a little drive up to Claerwen.

ImageP1020339 by Robndaisy, on Flickr

Fourth gear doesn't get used much around here :) .

Hello Rob,
I saw you yesterday, driving through Rhayader at about 5pm. I was on the way back from giving some people a lift to Aberystwyth. Really made my day... and reminded me that I have a van project to complete.

Your vehicle looks fantastic, btw! "Cool plates," I said to myself...

January 28th, 2019, 10:28 am
Firing on two.

Thanks! Good luck with your project :)
As I continue to drive the van around, I find that I really must fit windscreen washers so ordered various bits today.

ImageP1020351 by Robndaisy, on Flickr

Also, when driving there is a loud ticking, scraping sound from the Wiper/Speedo gearbox which doesn't sound good (especially when going fast :lol: ). and when the wipers are activated, the Wiper/Speedo gearbox is quiet (unlike the wiper blades, which aren't).: when I disconnect them, the loud ticking, scraping sound from the box continues. This gearbox is one of the few things I didn't inspect and service, dunno why. So I've ordered an Impact Screwdriver set to hopefully remove the slotted screws that I think hold it to the cross tube, without shearing them off :roll: 'cos that will make me Flamin' irate :mrgreen:

January 31st, 2019, 6:18 pm
Firing on two.

They are usually fixed by 2 nuts. If you pull the lamp out you just can unscrew the counter out. The little gearbox is normally filled wit a dot of fat. The worm axle is fixed with a split tube pin. If that is out all can be taken apart very simply. Good luck.

January 31st, 2019, 7:20 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

AZL57 wrote:
They are usually fixed by 2 nuts. If you pull the lamp out you just can unscrew the counter out. The little gearbox is normally filled wit a dot of fat. The worm axle is fixed with a split tube pin. If that is out all can be taken apart very simply. Good luck.

fat=grease

Russ

January 31st, 2019, 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Of course... ;-) oiling the inner cable with engine oil from the top is good too. Not to much..

January 31st, 2019, 8:27 pm
Firing on two.

That was quick! Thanks Bois! :D It'll have to wait until the snow's gone though.

January 31st, 2019, 8:47 pm
Firing on two.

ImageP1020353 by Robndaisy, on Flickr

Well it came off OK, couldn't see anything wrong with it so re-greased the gear and worm drive and popped it back in. The pin that connects the wiper linkage was secured with the smallest split/cotter pin I have ever seen and that was the devil to install :evil:. Went for a test run and the noise is still there but not as bad, I can live with it :) .

ImageP1020360 by Robndaisy, on Flickr

Back on the ebay gearbox and that's the end of that dream. I am not going to try to run that. A bit at a loss what I can do with it now. Still I've got the makings of an engine though :mrgreen:.

February 2nd, 2019, 6:02 pm
Firing on two.

Oh dear! And that's the good bit! :o

February 2nd, 2019, 6:09 pm
Firing on two.

looks like mine after it broke.

February 2nd, 2019, 7:27 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Rob,
if the 2nd/3rd sliding pinion isn't too crusty, would you be willing to sell it?

rob massey55 wrote:
Back on the ebay gearbox and that's the end of that dream. I am not going to try to run that. A bit at a loss what I can do with it now. Still I've got the makings of an engine though :mrgreen:.

February 2nd, 2019, 9:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 78  Next