View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2024, 12:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 captors 
Firing on two.

Post Re: captors
Derek, if you lived in a mountainous area like me, you would undertstand why I decided to change into a 652 engine :) The car goes up the mountain using the 4th or 3rd gear, and before, I had to use the 2nd and 3rd gears. This makes a great difference although the maximum speed (120Kms/h) remains the same.
However, if you live in a flat country maybe this option is not necessary...

Chevrons2, it is a great idea to do what you did. I know a guy who did what you did but using the original 2cv system (contact set) as an alternative when the visa sensors fail.
I have been thinking of using a 12v fan mounted on top of the sensors with a pipe to bring cool air from the outside. That would work even when the car is parked and the flow of air from the cooling system isn't working.
Do you think it will work?

September 30th, 2018, 10:49 am
Firing on two.

Hey Vitor, I don't think the problem is that the sensors get especially hot in the 2cv, as they are known to also fail in the Visa.

You can buy a complete set to get rid of all of the original Visa ignition system here:
https://www.123ignitionshop.com/gb/tune-plus-citroen/222-visa-tuneplus-ignition-system.html

4 sure other places to, maybe Burton.

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

October 3rd, 2018, 7:37 pm
Firing on two.

read this
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6028

Solved my problems.

October 3rd, 2018, 10:22 pm
Firing on two.

Not sure this is about the coil, but about the tdc sensors on the visa getting warm and failing.

October 3rd, 2018, 10:37 pm
Firing on two.

Eirik, isn't this a bit like going back to the old 2cv technology?
I mean, I appreciate the strenght of the 652 and also its smoothness and of course the fact that it is more silent than the 602 equivalent.
I know a guy who has a similar solution and he told me that this way he could have a more nervous engine. He enjoys speeding which is not my case...

October 4th, 2018, 10:13 am
Firing on two.

Thanks Bobh. Useful information here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6028

October 4th, 2018, 10:42 am
Firing on two.

Out of the topic:
Hey Roger, I've already been to your city University for a summer course on English Literature years ago

October 4th, 2018, 10:53 am
Firing on two.

Vitor, I hope you enjoyed your time here.
Over the last few, I have spent a lot of time in the Northcott Theatre that is in the grounds of the University. I am a volunteer steward. Very nice campus. :)

October 4th, 2018, 11:02 am
Firing on two.

vitor wrote:
Chevrons2, it is a great idea to do what you did. I know a guy who did what you did but using the original 2cv system (contact set) as an alternative when the visa sensors fail.
That is what I have.
EirikJ wrote:
You can buy a complete set to get rid of all of the original Visa ignition system here: https://www.123ignitionshop.com/gb/tune-plus-citroen/222-visa-tuneplus-ignition-system.html

Thanks but I don't want 123. I've seen too many problems over the years. I used the adapter in that kit as a template, and had one made with an extension to mount 2cv points cam and weights, so I have points and condenser fitted and I can switch from that to the Visa sensor ignition. (I also have a 1-2-Spark that a could fit, as a third option!)

October 4th, 2018, 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

chevrons2 wrote:
Thanks but I don't want 123. I've seen too many problems over the years.

Yeah, I know there are different opinions on electronic ignition.
Personally I will never go back to points. Points are good in a car that are not in much use, and are not used on long journeys. But I have seen to many condensers fail, and even the points! And not to mention having to adjust the points, and the knowledge that the point ignition is slowly getting incorrect during use which buggs me. Electronic gives me peace of mind.

Have driven electronic for 10 years now, in two 2CV's and one DS injection. 123ignition and DGnition. The DGnition is easier to waterproof, so I prefer that one. Never had a DGnition fail on me or my friends.
Totally happy with electronic, thumbs up :D

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

October 5th, 2018, 1:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next