View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 more power 
Firing on two.

Post Re: more power
I've got one if those Louis Barbour exhaust pipes that replaces the normal cross box piece. As soon as it was fitted I thought the car was better up hills.

It always went well for a 2cv anyway but I wondered if this exhaust bit changed the 'power' curves or something. Only trouble is it sounds horrible and raspy.

May 25th, 2018, 9:37 pm
2CV Fan

Thinking fuel injection may be the answer but I have little/no knowledge so where to start

May 29th, 2018, 11:16 pm
Firing on two.

Not sure FI is going to solve all of your problems here, but may gain a little more and smother power. However (as Ken suggests) you may be able to gain that by rejecting.

My first experience of a 2CV, was when my sister and BIL turned up in one one day. Have to say, my first thoughts were WTF is that. However, I soon fell in love and wanted one of my own. My second thoughts were, how do I make it go faster up hill. After discussion with the BIL, I was persuaded that you don't! What you do is accept the car for what it is and make it as comfortable to drive as possible. And when I say comfortable, I also mean a pleasure to drive.

All that said, you may benefit more from the consistent ratio's of a 2cv box than a Dyane. Any more small amounts of HP you gain will be swallowed up by poor aerodynamics.

Enjoy

May 30th, 2018, 11:23 am
Firing on two.

Roger V wrote:
...............any more small amounts of HP you gain will be swallowed up by poor aerodynamics.....

I think you're right Roger: Fitting a Visa engine to my AK350 made a big difference up to 45/50mph but very little above. Anyone got a wind tunnel and an aerodynamicist we could borrow for an afternoon?

May 30th, 2018, 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

My LPG 2cv with a 652 engine and a Dyane gearbox also isn't better at high speeds but it is definitely fit when it runs on uphill roads. Also the engine noise is lower than the previous 602, and this is great - we can almost hear some music in the car :)
When I decided to go for a visa engine I was looking for a stronger machine to climb local mountains (where I live) and never thought of driving faster than 115km/h.
I'm not disappointed with this option but I have to admit that the visa sensors (capteurs) are a nightmare! When the car stops and the engine and the weather are simultaneously hot, they just don't let it start. And we patiently have to wait until they cool down... :x

June 11th, 2018, 10:14 pm
Firing on two.

Vitor :)

I'm curious is the lpg injected or mixer ring? :geek:

June 12th, 2018, 12:16 pm
Firing on two.

It goes through the petrol carburator, no modification needed

June 12th, 2018, 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2