View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 3:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Long term project, Dyane4x4 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Long term project, Dyane4x4
lpgo wrote:
jasu wrote:
Can't drill any pattern on that 7kg lightened flywheel without removing it... :lol:

I drilled 36-1 while the engine was in my car... spot on.. there must be some fotos of it.. I will see if I find them

I'm quite sure, even you can't drill on that flywheel on my engine... :lol:

Thin enough..? :roll:

January 27th, 2017, 5:13 pm
Firing on two.

Park yours up to this one...patina heaven :mrgreen:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-HY-va ... 2075681096

January 28th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Firing on two.

Had some "motorsport" with... :roll:

Last time, the battery was quite flat, and because of that and very light flywheel, it got spark way too advanced. About 90 degrees BTDC. And result, misaligned crankshaft... Lost crank trigger, but reason for that was the flywheel went quite far at the point where the hole was what the sensor was reading. At first I tought it was a sensor fail but reason is much deeper on the engine...

Well, just take that engine out, and put another engine in, from my other Dyane... :lol:

March 13th, 2017, 1:53 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

jasu wrote:

Last time, the battery was quite flat, and because of that and very light flywheel, it got spark way too advanced. About 90 degrees BTDC. And result, misaligned crankshaft... Lost crank trigger, but reason for that was the flywheel went quite far at the point where the hole was what the sensor was reading. At first I tought it was a sensor fail but reason is much deeper on the engine...

Well, just take that engine out, and put another engine in, from my other Dyane... :lol:

ahum... 1-2-Spark.... uggh.. :D :D :D :D

I 've think youv'e done something terrible wrong with configuring MS when your ignition is 80 degrees off......

I Always mount the triggers at the top-end of the flywheel/pully.. If an engine has axial play your sensor won't work... With my sensor mounting axial play isn't an issue.. My old 12hp has about 4mm axial play in the crankshaft but it doesn't seem to harm the engine...

Russ

March 14th, 2017, 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:
jasu wrote:

ahum... 1-2-Spark.... uggh.. :D :D :D :D

I 've think youv'e done something terrible wrong with configuring MS when your ignition is 80 degrees off......

Please, read and think again. I have explained the reason. Your 1-2-spark is also "guessing" the timing on that situation, the crank trigger is before TDC and when the battery voltage is low and the flywheel is so light, the crank timing is something what you or your 1-2-spark can't make sure...

Please don't argue with that. And don't tell us how great it is when you aren't make them any else...

lpgo wrote:
I Always mount the triggers at the top-end of the flywheel/pully.. If an engine has axial play your sensor won't work... With my sensor mounting axial play isn't an issue.. My old 12hp has about 4mm axial play in the crankshaft but it doesn't seem to harm the engine...

I know that. But it was a fast solution then, without thinking. And, with that crank, there isn't axial play, so that may save the crank because I couldn't run the engine anymore. Just align it again and get it back to the road...

March 14th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

jasu wrote:
Please don't argue with that....

Jasu Pm. send.. Sorry...

Russ

March 15th, 2017, 12:12 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

And don't tell us how great it is when you aren't make them any else...

WOW - very cutting - all I can say is I ran a 12 spark from Geo on my turbo Dyane for long time and it was brilliant - enough said!!!

March 15th, 2017, 4:20 pm
Firing on two.

Finally got her to our new home. Next is to make room enough to garage, make some modifications and get a fresh MOT. Try to get to enjoy on this winter also with Dyane, not only couple of Range's...

Oh, "only" -21'C outside, at garage pleasant +12'C...

January 20th, 2019, 10:35 pm
Firing on two.

Some progress...

New fuel lines, tired about crap hoses nowadays. Now only very short hoses, new pipes might last longer than any other part on the Dyane, material AISI316...

New fuel pump, last one didn't like water inside. It is totally stuck...

Need to make some protection plate under the rear, don't want that area filled with snow...

Some wiring...

Going to make the loom better, that was made only for testing the supercharged engine. Should never start driving with temporary solutions...

Now all other electrics works like they should, and the engine did run before starting the wiring. Hope it runs again after wiring job... :lol:

February 9th, 2019, 7:56 pm
Firing on two.

Spaghetti anyone? 8-)

February 9th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next