View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 8:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next
 1-2-spark 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1-2-spark
Hi Geo,

Whats the possibility of just an assembled "Tested" basic board.
The Box and external wiring I can do myself.
Desperate for my Road Car!

Cheers
Peter

February 11th, 2016, 6:15 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

At This moment I.m in Iceland (skaftafell) doing a roadtrip. But snowing under at this moment... Sunday I Will be home again.. will pm. You then. If we are allowed to drive again. At the moment all roads are blocked... Even the local snowplough went of the Road yesterday....

Cheers from Iceland..

Geo

Russ

February 11th, 2016, 8:22 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Geo,

when will you be able to sell 1-2-spark units again?

Actually we are dismantling our 2CV as we have to change the chassis and do some welding (the whole bottom of the hutt), the chassis even broke last Monday when we dismounted the steering column.

Cheers, Thorsten

February 11th, 2016, 9:02 pm
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:
Aviability at the moment is bad, I can't bring my self to finish the once I have lying around...

Sorry..

Geo. Have you tought to sell those as a DIY-kit, with pogrammed CPU? I think many of them who like to hassle with these kind of things, are capable to assembly the PCB with some instructions..? So you would have more time to your own projects and also could have more users to feedback...

About snow in Iceland. The snow is nice, for a start, but too much is too much. Same here, we have seen that, summer would be nice to have and soon..!

February 12th, 2016, 11:44 am
Firing on two.

Quote:
Geo. Have you thought to sell those as a DIY-kit, with programmed CPU? I think many of them who like to hassle with these kind of things, are capable to assembly the PCB with some instructions..? So you would have more time to your own projects and also could have more users to feedback...

Sounds like a great idea, pressure off Geo to develope 12 squirt !!!

Cheers
Boggy
Ps
What about these for Visa http://www.seltec.co.uk/products/details/12088.html
With a voltage regulator and smoothing circuit?

February 12th, 2016, 10:36 pm

Geo,

anything new? I really want to use your ignition in our 2CV. Actually the mechanic has installed a 123-ignition, but he offered to remove this if I want to use another ignition.

Cheers, Thorsten
Mainz, Germany

May 9th, 2016, 6:55 pm
Firing on two.

I would like 1 2 spark. I'm a tinkerer. :D :D
How can I get one?

July 5th, 2016, 11:29 am
Firing on two.

email/pm to lpgo

July 5th, 2016, 6:01 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

So first,I'm still alive and kicking, still reading every post at this forum, but more in the background when it comes to posting, Only posting at the moment when I can't resist......

My car is still running on 1-2-Spark and 1-2-squirt. I think I have done about 50.000km with it.

I had 2 issues with 1-2-Spark from costumers, but in the end in came down to bad soldering (dj82) and a broken wire (robcap)..

Otherwise I have no complanes....

Now there are several reasons why 1-2-Spark is quiet at the moment...

- After more then 4 years spending all my spare time at 1-2-Spark I want to spend some time at my own projects... (mainly my BMW powered) 2cv... But my first BMW 2cv was a big NOGO By the dutch RDW (roadworhty othority) which was a big throwback for me)...

-Warranty: I would wish a unit would last for more the 25 years, but the oldest has only done 5 years so far. What happens when all units will die after a copple of years. I guess you will want your money back....

- A company has manufactured 10 pieces of 1-2-Spark units, (which are laying around here for several month now) just need to box them and solder the connectors and test them.. Al together a unit will cost ME 150 euro's this way and I still need a evening to put it in the box and soldering all connectors. So I need at least 250 euro's for a unit to make a little profit (sorry I'm human too you know)...

- The biggest issue is when somebody puts in a claim. The engine stopped at a rail road crossing and a train crashed into your 2cv.. I know you all wouldn't do this but your car/health Insurance company can do it... Meaning I would loose all my spare money and my house could be confiscated by this... this is what I don't want....

The professional company which soldered the units pointed this out to this last item....

So this is how I feel at the moment, please discuss with me about these points....

cheers Geo..

p.s. I don't want to start a company and I don't want to sell diy kits... (Selling do it your self kits would give much more trouble repairing, make it work, questions aso... as there are already at the moment...)

Russ

July 5th, 2016, 10:30 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Geo,

I can understand you are afraid for claims.

For me I will never ask my money back, I see it as part of the hobby. But there are people how think diverent.

I drive about 250 km after the small repair now and still going strong.

The risk the 12spark stops at a point where its dangerous is small but everything can go broken.
Even the most expensive electronics can damaged for now reason.

That's why I have a switch in the car I can switch 12spark <-> 123 on the fly.

Nice is to see you actually have a little more power when switch from 123 to 12 spark. You can hear the engine sound change.

July 22nd, 2016, 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next