View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 9:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
 Joolz's Red One 
super slot

Post Re: Joolz's Red One
£140

http://www.ecas2cvparts.co.uk/hood-inte ... -1794.html

April 28th, 2014, 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

I've seen those "standard" roofs deteriorate in about a year from new, maybe there are differences in quality between them but i didn't want to take a gamble, so i gave my girlfriend a roof from "Das Entendach". It's now on the car for a few years and since it's always outside, it's getting a bit green in places but the roof itself is still perfect.
A lot of money for a roof but i think it's worth it.

http://www.entendach.de/index.html

April 28th, 2014, 11:59 am
Firing on two.

That's the prime candidate, was looking for any experiences with them and do they fall apart quicker than the £180 ones, (thanks Nels for your input). The other option is to wait til St Diz and see what's there, 2cvpassion have them at €165(£135) for any colour.

April 28th, 2014, 2:14 pm
Firing on two.

Joolz wrote:
2cvpassion have them at €165(£135) for any colour.

Quality issues with some of their suff. :roll:

April 28th, 2014, 3:16 pm
Firing on two.

samfieldhouse wrote:
Joolz wrote:
2cvpassion have them at €165(£135) for any colour.

Quality issues with some of their suff. :roll:

I always assumed that most stuff comes from the same manufacturers, whatever supplier you buy it from. Not everybody stocks everything, but there can't be more than 2 or 3 OE type roof manufacturers, and a cheap roof from supplier A will be the same as a cheap roof from supplier B. Or am I wrong?

It would be good if suppliers advertised the manufacturer, but they only seem to do that with the expensive stuff. Lots of places stock the Sonnenland roofs, and say so, so it's easy to compare prices.

April 28th, 2014, 3:54 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Joolz wrote:

It would be good if suppliers advertised the manufacturer, but they only seem to do that with the expensive stuff. Lots of places stock the Sonnenland roofs, and say so, so it's easy to compare prices.

Simple rule..... if they don't advertise the manufacturer, it is crap.... if they do advertise the manufacturer they are defending the high(er) price.... ;) ;)

Russ

April 28th, 2014, 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

I can highly recommend Matts Soft Tops, nice family & top quality.

My old black one I had for 10 years, the clips holding the elastic into the front section snapped in it (the new ones are now stainless so this won't happen).. I could've replaced them as the fabric was still good (a little faded but still waterproof - I'd never proofed it!) but I was being a tart and wanted a sandy coloured one...

May 6th, 2014, 4:16 pm
Firing on two.

Ah yeah, I forgot that you had a sandy coloured Matt's roof, I reckon that would look really good on a clean shiny red spesh. Unfortunately my car's not that anymore. Probably going with black because I'm cheap.

May 7th, 2014, 2:53 am
Firing on two.

So I bought a cheap black roof, I was getting bored of this happening;

I've twice in the past had to replace the boot hinge crossmember on otherwise good roofs, one when the car was 7 years old, and the new one was already showing some signs of rust that had simply occurred during storage.

May 12th, 2014, 2:18 am
Firing on two.

So I carefully drilled some holes into the box section that seems to be the prime culprit, and poured in some cavity wax. One of my favourite rustproofing substances is motorcycle chain lube, it comes in an aerosol and is a mixture of very sticky grease and a volatile solvent. When sprayed onto a surface it's initially quite fluid, but it visible fizzes as the solvent evaporates off, and after 20 secs or so has a consistency more like glue. It's a bit expensive to use it too much though.

Roy tells me that they've recently been re-jigged to fit better, and I certainly couldn't fault it for that. If I had to be fussy there were some tiny holes in the fabric that I would say occurred during manufacturing, but I can't see them causing an issue.

Overall I'm quite pleased with it, and the black actually ties in quite nicely with the dark wheels.

May 12th, 2014, 2:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next