View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 29th, 2024, 2:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Types of Citroen Chassis 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Types of Citroen Chassis
Ami 8s looked identical to other A chassis apart from the fuel tank mounts on rear leg, but were made from much stouter metal with IIRC extra plates on side like the PO, but inside.

i nerly weep when i remember how good the ami chassis was that i cut up by hand to take to the skip :cry:

sean

September 29th, 2009, 9:53 pm
Old Bloke

It is indeed a more substantial chassis. However putting a 2CV shell on to a rolling Ami 8 chassis has made for some interesting and unexpected changes.

http://www.2CVTech.co.uk

September 29th, 2009, 10:02 pm
Firing on two.

Are the rear arms of an 8 still narrower than 2cv ones, the same as an ami6?

September 29th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Old Bloke

oh yes

September 29th, 2009, 10:19 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Paul,
So, apart from the rear outriggers for the 2CV floors sitting on top of the Ami's suspension canisters, the floors themselves being perched on top of the canisters, the absence of captive nuts in the engine bay crossmember for the handbrake turret and the fuel tank hanger brackets being 'slightly' out of position, what other surprises were there? :lol:

ken.

( Almost forgot about there being no light bar captive nuts, just some 'Bugs Bunny' ears sticking out the sides of the Ami chassis.
Anything to fasten the bonnet catch to, either?
It's been quite a while, so cannot recall if the Ami's rear tie rods will mate correctly with the hangers on 'standard' 2CV/Dyane type rear arms. )

grifftravel wrote:
It is indeed a more substantial chassis. However putting a 2CV shell on to a rolling Ami 8 chassis has made for some interesting and unexpected changes.

September 29th, 2009, 10:40 pm
Old Bloke

ken wrote:
Paul,
So, apart from the rear outriggers for the 2CV floors sitting on top of the Ami's suspension canisters, the floors themselves being perched on top of the canisters, the absence of captive nuts in the engine bay crossmember for the handbrake turret and the fuel tank hanger brackets being 'slightly' out of position, what other surprises were there? :lol:

ken.

( Almost forgot about there being no light bar captive nuts, just some 'Bugs Bunny' ears sticking out the sides of the Ami chassis.
Anything to fasten the bonnet catch to, either?
It's been quite a while, so cannot recall if the Ami's rear tie rods will mate correctly with the hangers on 'standard' 2CV/Dyane type rear arms. )

grifftravel wrote:

You forget the steering rack Ken [angle wrong so needed an Ami UJ]

I had welded in some Acadiane floors I had so no issues with the springs. Sorted the hand brake [welded it on] and made new hangers for the tank. Took the roll bar off [now on the Acadiane].

Its back from being painted shortly [isn't it Mark] so it will be interesting to see how it all handles. When it was an Ami it was great to drive until a tractor did this.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

September 29th, 2009, 10:57 pm
Firing on two.

I thought the tractor totalled it? That still looks good to go to me!

September 29th, 2009, 11:05 pm
Old Bloke

Jono wrote:
I thought the tractor totalled it? That still looks good to go to me!

There wasn't a single panel that was salvageable. bonnet, front panel, both front inner & outer wings, windscreen pillars, both front doors. Sad to break it because it really was a joy to drive so I am hoping its reincarnation will be just as nice.

September 29th, 2009, 11:12 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Ha,
told you it had been a while... :lol:
Mind you, just before Bob the Glassfibre moved to la belle France, I'd bought two racks from him, one of which is labelled Ami 8, so I've been tripping over the evidence for some weeks...

I look after one of the 250 vans which Louis built using brand new bodyshells. I think this particular one was Louis' own van, since it has a truncated aks400 chassis and aks400 cans & suspension arms.

It's a real treat to drive, but would it count as one of those elusive AK250s, I wonder... ;)

ken

grifftravel wrote:
You forget the steering rack Ken [angle wrong so needed an Ami UJ]

September 29th, 2009, 11:15 pm
Firing on two.

ken wrote:
I look after one of the 250 vans which Louis built using brand new bodyshells. I think this particular one was Louis' own van, since it has a truncated aks400 chassis and aks400 cans & suspension arms.

Where did he get brand new body shells?

September 29th, 2009, 11:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next