View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 29th, 2024, 3:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Non 2cv Brake question 
Firing on two.

Post Non 2cv Brake question
Sorry I know its not a 2cv question, but you tech boys are a clever bunch :geek: I have just put a new set of disc's and pads for the MOT on SWMBO Chrysler Voyager, she has been driving it around for the last week and now they have started to squeak under braking, took them to bits today re-copper slipped them, cleaned the pads with sand paper and yep they still squeak any ideas!

cheers

September 19th, 2009, 9:05 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Non 2cv Brake question
You don't have a set of anti-squeal shims or springs still sitting on the ground where you did the job?

Failing that, possibly down to new pad material which is asbestos-free? Are you 100% certain the pads you bought are compatible with your original discs - I understand asbestos-free pads are harder than the old types and the discs use a softer metal to 'compensate'.

Pure speculation on my part, tho'...

Oops, just re-read your post - you fitted new discs as well? Possibly just a side effect of the new material. I know they take a while to bed in, but it looks as tho' you've already assisted this with the sand paper.

Did the pads look as tho' they had a different coloured coating on their surface? I have read that some have this 'abrasive' surface to quicken the bedding-in process and to get them to 'match' the disc surface more accurately (possibly a bit like 'honing' cylinders when new rings are fitted.)

Still guessing...

Ask the supplier, or email the actual parts manufacturer. :D

September 20th, 2009, 9:36 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Non 2cv Brake question
thanks for the advice DA

September 21st, 2009, 4:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]