View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 7:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Strobe Light 
Firing on two.

Post Strobe Light
I came across a battered looking Gunson Tachostrobe DC at a car boot sale at the weekend. Managed to beat the price down from a hefty £1.50 to a more sensible £1.25 ;) , and bought it. Trouble is, having got it home, it only seems to work intermittently... Anyone (Matt? ;)) got any suggestions as to what might be up with it?

It's got a bit of HT lead which you connect between the spark plug and the 'proper' HT lead, which is connected to another length of HT lead which goes into the gun. The insulation around the join between these leads had broken down and it seems to work best if the lead is somewhere where it can arc against the bodywork. The joins between the leads seemed to have been damaged and there was no continuity between one end and the other, but I've remade the join and it still don't work! I wondered if the capacitor or something in it might need replacing?

It didn't exactly cost a huge amount of money, so it's not the end of the world if I can't sort it, but it would be nice if I could get it to work.. :)

August 11th, 2009, 10:02 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Strobe Light
Luke,

ive been browsing old posts and found this mate.

Did you get it sorted out?

Is it one of the ones that goes inline with your spark plug lead or clamps round the plug lead?

November 21st, 2009, 9:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]