View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 2cv with blower 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 2cv with blower
Turbo is easier, to tune and to have more power in high rpm. But low rpm torque, turbo can't beat supercharger in that area. Tuned and driven both...

Also I like more low rpm power, don't want engine what gives power on high rpm. That has been always with me, and my hobbies, RC cars and now helicopters, motorcycles, cars... Was very close to buy some Eaton and put that to Range Rover V8, but now both Range's is sold. Miss them, mostly because the handling and especially engines.Very thirsty, but not really any issue when driven 1000-3000km/year. And how mr. Clarkson said about V8 Range, "maybe they aren't best for little birds, but damn they sound great", our oldest kid said that almost same, after he spent weekend with my brothers family, they had then new Tesla 3, and when I took him back home with my P38 Range, he said "yes, the Tesla is nice car but this has the feeling"...

Back to starting point, next project, after my SM engine, will be the supercharged engine, and get it back to 4x4 Dyane. Maybe have tested on rolling road, to have kW -numbers for MOT and have it street legal..?

October 31st, 2023, 11:27 pm
Firing on two.

A friend in Belgium had also a lightend flywheel in his Dyane. It accellerated like mad but the idle was a bit shaky.

November 2nd, 2023, 11:44 pm
Firing on two.

I did buy a lightened flywheel for my Deuche years ago but got scared of having even less torque so I sold it in the end without fitting it.

November 7th, 2023, 12:13 pm
Firing on two.

Main reason for me was to get rid of weight. Every kg counts when having MOT with several modifications, at least here in Finland. If I had about 15kg more on scale, my Dyane sould lost one seat and that wasn't option for me...

Another reason was, with that flywheel is machined to fit 180mm clutch with GS clutch assembly. That was made when a friend had raced with 2CV and Ami Super. With standard 160mm clutch they had serious problems with clutch with quite powerful engines... And yes, it fits to 2CV bellhouse without issues...

November 7th, 2023, 12:36 pm
Firing on two.

Makes sense. Clever. (And fun.)

Your MOT is very strict then by the sounds of it. We have it lucky here really. They can be strict, but the limits for older cars are relatively broad.

November 9th, 2023, 11:20 pm
Firing on two.

Also in France and Belguim, if the car is standard no problem. UK cars mods, we are very lucky.

November 10th, 2023, 12:08 pm
Firing on two.

We are very lucky like that, for sure.

November 17th, 2023, 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2