View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 2CV engine with Visa Barrels, heads etc 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 2CV engine with Visa Barrels, heads etc
That's what I thought! :D

November 12th, 2023, 11:35 pm
Firing on two.

Have you ever woken up in the morning and had the solution to something that has been puzzling you?

if you page back a little, I posted an image of the new carb. The carb has a solenoid cut off valve on the bottom. Attached to the soleniod to power it, is a coil on the gen, and a full wave rectifier, whose sole purpose is to generate electricty, rectify it to DC, and operate the valve and let fuel through.

It puzzled me, as the Gen is pull cord, so thats a few pulls to fill the carb from empty! And the on/off switch appears to be wired wrong, and there is other evidence that the setup has been tampered with.

So the solution was, the switch was wired correctly, and it won't need lots of pulls to start it. The circuit doesn't turn the fuel on, it turns it OFF when you stop the engine. The switch is duel throw, duel pole, It grounds the CDI coil to stop the spark, and turns OFF the fuel, or you flood the engine as the engine slows to a stop from 3000 rpm.

I can probably move forward now :D

November 17th, 2023, 12:06 am
Firing on two.

Roger V wrote:
Have you ever woken up in the morning and had the solution to something that has been puzzling you?

Yes, quite often indeed when I had something really disturbing issue on... Sometimes even woke up in the middle of the night with clear solution, need to write or draw the solution or can't never remember that again...

November 17th, 2023, 9:26 am
Firing on two.

So I got the Shedouin started and turned around in the garage.

This is the old bonnet removed, and the fibreglass one sat in place. :D

It's a little warped, but flexes back into place easily enough. I suspect it has not been stored flat, and has warmed up in the sun.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

November 18th, 2023, 2:14 pm
Firing on two.

Quote:
So I got the Shedouin started and turned around in the garage.

It sounds so simple when I put it like that. :D

It had been stood a while, and would not pump up fuel. I tried easy start to coax it into life, but it would fire and then die. Took off the filter box to carb hose, and squirted directly into the carb to no avail. Took battery home to put on charge, with thoughts of taking the top of the carb off, and filling the float chamber with fuel.

Today, I filled a can with fuel, and took my 7 ltr project tank to the Shedouin.

Connecting the outlet of the tank, to the inlet of the carb, I was able to fill it. Only put about half a leter in and could tip back to dis connect.

Started almost straight off, and kept going :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

November 18th, 2023, 7:40 pm
Firing on two.

Just to say, my elbow hurts, and I've done sod all! :lol:

November 21st, 2023, 9:57 pm
Firing on two.

Popped over to my garage in my little talbot camper today. i have a water leak on a coolant hose. :( So time to track some more hose perhaps. Still has orginals on, and 30 years old next year. :D

December 3rd, 2023, 11:05 pm
Firing on two.

Quality is not what it used to be....

December 3rd, 2023, 11:16 pm
Firing on two.

As it's been raining, I've been working on the gasket between the 2cv crank cases, and the Visa barrels. Getting there, but still some tweeking to do. :D

December 4th, 2023, 10:24 pm
Firing on two.

these any use https://vgs2cv.be/en/Cilindervulling-2CV-p112373663

December 5th, 2023, 9:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next