View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 28th, 2024, 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 2CV engine with Visa Barrels, heads etc 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 2CV engine with Visa Barrels, heads etc
LOL :lol:

I think a generator is out of the question for welding as I require about 7kVA. We are talking £1000's of pounds for anything of any reasonable quality. Needs to be quiet as well. :cry:

October 22nd, 2023, 10:35 am
Firing on two.

You try to find a Land-rover mobile welder.... but then it may cost more than 1000 ;-)
https://www.lrsoc.com/forum/gallery/1-040710100459-0.jpeg

October 22nd, 2023, 1:21 pm
Firing on two.

I found a generator! Still a bit under spec, but it is worth a try. :)

It looks very dodgy in the image, but it's not quite as bad as it looks. :D

Bit of a sad story though. The gen was used for a carnival float to run the lights. It began having issues with starting, and one of the guys who ran a lawnmower repair business, said he would have a look. He removed the carb, and took it to work. He was taken ill, and never recovered, and passed away not to long after. The float team, didn't like to intrude in the families grief, and left them alone. Some time later, enquires were made, and they were advised the buisness had closed and the building emptied.

So they moved on, and bought another generator. This one was just left in the back of the garage for six years. I bought it for scrap value at £30. It's an obscure make, and after much research and part cross referencing, I've ordered a carb from China for £21. No idea if it will fit properly. Should be here in a few weeks. If you don't hear from me, I have probably electrocuted my self. :lol:

Time to take my pain relief tablets after lifting it out of my car boot. I didn't so much lower it to the ground, as slightly slow it's decent. :cry:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

October 23rd, 2023, 9:42 am
Firing on two.

Looks beefy, Lecy start or more back trouble?

October 23rd, 2023, 12:41 pm
Firing on two.

Not electric start, though that would be nice. There may be a kit, and will need to see what flywheel it has for that. I know there are parts available for the american version.

Sprayed some ether into the intake, and pulled the cord. It appears it wants to start. :D

The recoil has not re coiled ..... I expect it's all a bit dry after six years.

October 23rd, 2023, 2:37 pm
Firing on two.

I have one in the garage too that won't start. It's about new. I cleaned the carb but that didn't help. If i spray a bit of petrol in the carb opening the thing starts direct but it won't keep running. Strange no?

October 23rd, 2023, 8:37 pm
Firing on two.

sounds like a fuel blockage.

If you undo the drain on the carb with the fuel turned on, does it flow?

October 23rd, 2023, 9:10 pm
Firing on two.

Yes, strange no?

October 24th, 2023, 9:52 pm
Firing on two.

Sounds like somethng at the carb end, rather than the supply from the tank then.

Though during my research, it would appear there are various ways of turning the fuel off from the tank. Some have a solinoid on the bottom of the carb. Some have the traditional tap. Some have a vacuum controlled tap, that requires the engine to be running to allow it to pass fuel. Not sure how you would prime those.

Mine was missing, so will make it up as I go along :D Carb on order has a solinoid. I've also ordered a tap.

October 25th, 2023, 1:16 pm
Firing on two.

Well it's chinese that also may be a cause....

October 25th, 2023, 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next