View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Enginee and Transmission Mounts 
Firing on two.

Post Enginee and Transmission Mounts
Hi team. I think I need to replace my engine mounts. The transmission one has a split and its very tired.

I'm very aware of bad quality rubber having invaded the world of car parts. In the MB world people try and save money with aftermarket engine mounts and they can last as little as one month!

Any good sources for these please? I trust ecas obviously and they have this part. Any thoughts? I'm not averse to getting good used ones if it avoids the bad quality rubber problems.

https://ecas2cvparts.co.uk/collections/ ... -car-03175

June 12th, 2022, 7:50 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Enginee and Transmission Mounts
Though I appreciate what you say about quality,I would think ecas would be worth a try. Also consider that the rubber mix may have been improved over the years.

June 12th, 2022, 9:32 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Enginee and Transmission Mounts
Thanks Roger. I probably will get some from Ecas, unless anyone has any experience with a particular brand.

It must be possible to buy decent things made from rubber. Mercedes still has superb quality rubber parts, so far at least. It's just they're expensive. Or are they really, considering they may last 30 years. So for me I use only MB parts in general anyway, but most definitely if its rubber.
However even MB have started to have fitment problems with their parts. Made in China now sometimes and literally don't fit the car. It's only recent but how sad.

June 13th, 2022, 12:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]