View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Clanking Noise 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Clanking Noise
Hehe. I did have that experience with an Audi behind me on the way home.. Funny.

February 21st, 2022, 12:48 am
Firing on two.

It suddenly got incredibly bad again while I was in Brighton, Then self healed. I bought a full set of bearings for the arms from Roy at Ecas and took it to the bloody garage. They really didn't want it to be the bearings because its not a job they've done before, but a bit of saying please nicely has resulted in them discovering the bearings were reducing themselves to powder. One arm is off and yep, they were in a very bad way.

Hoping the bill won't be too horrific, but really chiffed I've saved so much money by doing all the other bits and bobs first.

How funny it was so smooth when it was smooth though. Personally I felt it was the bearings getting bothered every now and then and I thought in theory they must be moving to a better spot sometimes. Or something..

April 5th, 2022, 7:59 pm
Firing on two.

It's back and obviously no noise now. The nearside was fine apparently and had grease etc. The drivers side (RHD) was absolutely pulverised and completely failed.

In doing this, my friendly garage has become a bit impressed with 2cv construction. As I left he said the more he sees of it, the more he wonders why they don't make more cars using similar ways. Aaw.

April 7th, 2022, 5:42 pm
Firing on two.

Glad you got it sorted. :)

Not heard of those failing before.

April 7th, 2022, 8:46 pm
Firing on two.

Pretty unusual I think but what I kept suspecting. It's been in pretty deep water quite a lot, its a great storm car. Its also been a real donkey. Seems like water ingress in the bad side was the cause.

April 7th, 2022, 10:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4