View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rear FOG lamp. 
Firing on two.

Post Rear FOG lamp.
My 1989 has one - fair enough.

However, my 1984 model has a broken one (completely broken off) but it passed an MOT just before I bought it, so unless it got knocked off between then and now, it got through without it.

Frankly, they're ugly. So I'd rather not fit a replacement if I can help it. However, a cursory look at MOT regs suggests it is needed by this date - 1984. I'd also like to lose the ugly after-market 'flick' switch on the dash - this suggests it wasn't standard fit on first sale, unless the dealers fitted them?

Unless, it's one of these 'flexible' regs such as with rear seat belts - if it ain't fitted as standard, you don't have to retro-fit them.

Does anyone know for certain if a 1984 2CV needs to have a rear fog lamp?

Thanks.

July 28th, 2009, 9:44 pm
Post Re: Rear FOG lamp.
Yea, it HAS to have a foglamp I'm afraid. :ugeek:

July 28th, 2009, 9:45 pm
Firing on two.

Thanks, and blugger... :)

July 28th, 2009, 11:03 pm
Firing on two.

Blugger indeed.

I was wondering the exact same thing.

July 28th, 2009, 11:20 pm

Would someone please explain what FOG is??
Is it in any way related to that white stuff that apparently falls from the sky?
( you know, the stuff you see in the movies/on TV )
Hmm..I think my Landrover Discovery has a fog light switch..... somewhere!!

Whist you are at it could you remind us what RAIN is?
We are sitting here in sunny (southern) Australia with our drinking water reservoirs at an all time low of about 25% capacity ....and on water restrictions/rationing.

Sorry, couldn't help myself :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Bob :evil:

July 31st, 2009, 9:13 am
Firing on two.

Believe me - if I could send you what we've had over the last two weeks - I would...

July 31st, 2009, 9:39 am
2CV Fan

greenfrog wrote:
Whist you are at it could you remind us what RAIN is?
We are sitting here in sunny (southern) Australia with our drinking water reservoirs at an all time low of about 25% capacity ....and on water restrictions/rationing.

Sorry, couldn't help myself :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Bob :evil:

Rain is the wet stuff that falls from the sky.
It gives us lovely full reservoirs and as much sparkling clear fresh water to drink, bathe and swim in as we could ever wish for.........or maybe water the garden or wash the car for the sake of it, or perhaps just leave it gushing out through the hose just because we feel like it.......

Mmmmm......enjoy those shared baths, and don't flush too often!
:D

July 31st, 2009, 12:13 pm

It gives us lovely full reservoirs and as much sparkling clear fresh water to drink, bathe and swim in as we could ever wish for.........or maybe water the garden or wash the car for the sake of it, or perhaps just leave it gushing out through the hose just because we feel like it.......

Mmmmm......enjoy those shared baths, and don't flush too often!
:D[/quote]

Yeah thanks!
Australia is really big... and 3000/4000Km away in the tropical north..water is not a problem...floods even.
NOW:
Swimming..that's what we do at the white sandy beaches in the surf...( with the sharks) :lol:
Garden watering..almost a thing of the past..lots of bucketing of shower/grey water etc.
Car Washing...now you are making me grumpy!..Can't remember the last time..although commercial $$ car washes with recycling tanks etc have flourished.
Baths?? ..try 2 or3 minute showers (with a bucket between your legs) Bah! :roll:
Flushing? "ïf it's yellow let it mellow..if it's brown flush it down"

To get back close to the general thread topic..and for your interest.
For a start we can't even get universal National road laws.
Each State/Territory has different driving licence and car Registration (Tax) laws.
Mind you, the whole of the UK would fit almost twice into my State (Victoria) which is about third smallest in OZ...and it is anywhere from a 4 to 7 hour drive to get to the bordering states.
For you blokes it would be akin to having totally different MOT/Tax systems and Police forces for say London, Cornwall, Wales, Midlands, Scotland etc.
Only in the past decade or so have we begun to get some uniformity in eg. speed limits.
The disjointed system was a nightmare for Interstate Truckies ( lorry drivers).
Their only advantage was that they could get Pinged and lose their driving licence in one State but keep driving using a Licence obtained in another!
That loophole has been closed.
Our Roadworthy Certificate ( MOT) is not annual in all/many states. Cars are only checked( MOT'd) on change of ownership ...or if the cops pull you over ços your car looks dodgy......and NO!....FOG lights are not required.

Cheers
Bob

July 31st, 2009, 3:43 pm
lovin' the snatch

flick switch?

im guessing your 84 is a charleston then? as it should have a twisty one in a special dash or a flicky one in the big dash, flicky's were standard werent they?

Keep Them Looking Standard.

1979 Myosotis Blue Dyane6
1986 Sunrise Red 2cv6
1989 Vert Bamboo 2cv6 D*lly (in bits)

July 31st, 2009, 8:35 pm
Firing on two.

Hi Joe.

Yes, it's a grey Charleston - at the moment...

There's a completely unmatched flick switch located in the bottom RH corner of the dash - nasty.

I guess I'm stuck with it tho' :(

July 31st, 2009, 9:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next