View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 "Engineering" question 
Firing on two.

Post "Engineering" question
Hey Folks!

I'm in need of a template of the curve of the 2CV body, from the roof bar between the b-pillars, and all the way back down to the back lights.
It needs to be accurate, and using a cardboard will be a bit tricky to get accurate because of the bar above the back window...
Maybe someone can think of a clever way of doing it :)

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

July 4th, 2020, 11:32 am
Firing on two.

Post Re: "Engineering" question
Make a picture straight from the side and project in on a piece of cardboard?

July 4th, 2020, 2:39 pm
Firing on two.

Use fibreglass reinforced polyester : cover the aera to be copied with wide tape, then cover this with a layer of plastic (pvc foil as u use in the kitchen for instance). Then cut a part out the glass fibre matting and rub in the polyester (mixed with peroxide hardener). Make sure all air is out of the polyester, eg with a roller. Do two or three layers of glassfibre to strengthen the ultimate curve. Let it sit for one night and there you have a perfect copy of the 2cv body. All in all it takes less then one hour to make the copy. After you have taken off the GRP curve you can shape the sides so that they don't cut through your fingers etc. Good luck.
PS :wear protective spraygun mask.

July 4th, 2020, 8:07 pm
Firing on two.

Some strips of plywood glued together and clamped to the contour. When the glue is dry, the shape is retained.

Well, in theory anyway :)

July 4th, 2020, 11:56 pm
Firing on two.

Sorry people for not responding. One should do, you know, when people are helpful. Thanks for suggestions. Although I did it my own way, it helps the prosess having other suggestions. I realized I probably overdid the "accuracy" needed. I ended up just using a 15x15mm square steel tube, and bent it along the curve of the body, going back and fort between the car and the vice. Turned out surprisingly accurate. I'll make a post about what I'm using this for, when/if it gets done ;)

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

July 13th, 2020, 7:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]