View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
@saburapete : I thought LPgo's design is all about ignition, not so much about injection. The ignition I have built in too, and has a temp sensor at the heater box in order to regulate the advance, as well as a map sensor (on his board). But for injection the temperature influence has to be more accurate I presume, hence the discussion going on above. But thanks for the hint..

May 14th, 2020, 2:38 pm
Firing on two.

@edce 1-2-Spark also 1-2-Squirt

May 14th, 2020, 5:31 pm
Firing on two.

@Subarupete : I have read the 1-2 squirt posts of LPgo but he did not mention where the CLT and AIT have been put. My guess is that the AIT for the squirt is the same as for the spark. So for the CLT I have no further input. I will contact him personally to find out.

May 14th, 2020, 9:18 pm
Firing on two.

He may not have bothered with IAT, and if he's running off lpg, the coolant temp, would be in the gas phase supply. :)

Edit

Your correct, he does have IAT ... But where?

May 14th, 2020, 9:31 pm
Firing on two.

LPgo has put the AIT in the air filter box, the CLT measures the LPG temperature.

May 26th, 2020, 8:55 am
Firing on two.

It makes sense to place the iat there. Mounting it in the metal manifold will transfer heat to it from the engine. Not so important when running, but when trying to restart from a hot engine, the heat will soak into the sensor and cause it to read high, which in turn will lean out the mixture. The lean mixture will cause difficult starting. Mounting it in plastic is much better.

Ideally, on a petrol engine, the 'coolant' temperature would be taken from the block.I have a ring sensor that goes under the spark plug, that I am going to try, when I get the bodywork up to a reasonable standard.

My project is difficult because I want both fuels. Each fuel requires a different measurement of 'coolant' temperature.

May 26th, 2020, 10:13 am
Firing on two.

Attachment:
IMG_20200527_161458.jpg
I have found a good solution for the placement of the IAT. I have a rubber sleeve between the carb and the air filter. This sleeve is one as used for a Visa engine. It has two openings at the back. One I use for the ventilation of the crankcase (see the blue tube connected). The other is now free. I can drill a wider hole in which I can fix the IAT.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Edce on May 28th, 2020, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 27th, 2020, 5:05 pm
Firing on two.

that would work :)

May 27th, 2020, 9:23 pm
Firing on two.

Edce wrote:
@jasu : You have indicated to have built experience with EFI over some years.
Maybe you can add extra info over the above subject ?

Oh, sorry about late response. Had some rush with kids, garden and Landie, too much to do for one man...

I tried to find photos of my CLT sensor, mounted on under cylinder head, turned M7 thread on and replaced the other bolt on cooling duct, but those photos are somewhere very good place. Try to remember to take new photos...

IAT on my N/A-engine, just drilled a hole, to hose between throttle body and air filter. On SC-engine, welded a nut to inlet manifold, and chosen the open-tip sensor with thread mounting. Photos of these are also somewhere...

I have measured also oil temperature, and it is very different behavior to cyl head temperature, between fresh rebuild engine and a half million kilometres driven one. With fresh engine, cyl head temperature raised much faster than old engine, oil temperature is much harder to get even warm enough with fresh engine, what was problematic on last couple years with that old engine, first time ever I had to remove triangles and plate under engine, and even then it was too easy to have over 130'C oil temp. And the downside, at winters the fresh one wasn't so nice, because it run colder...

Try to read all questions some day, and try to make some answers about. Little bit hard to think about anything now, hitted my head again some days ago. That makes me thinking of use helmet all the time, even at our citchen this time. Really, no need to hit my head any time more, every time need much less to make more damage, and makes me slower and memory worse...

But about EFI. It is a pleasure to drive engine what behaves well. Very easy to take my Dyane on road, just switch ignition on and pull starter, and it is ready to rock. Nothing to hassle with anything, and when compared to my two cars with manual choke at carb, with some period when not drive them, it really surprises how much that warming up needs attention. Really, the EFI makes living easier, after "building and tuning time" what takes time much more than car with carb and contact breakers. And after decent tuning, the EFI is really easy, nothing to worry about, only parts what I have had broken on EFI, are fuel pump and TPS (what was originally from burned car). And, when making some test driving with friends all original 2CV, I really think at start there is something wrong, with very thin low end torque, compared to EFI...

May 27th, 2020, 11:10 pm
Firing on two.

Hey @jasu , sorry to hear about your health. :cry: You take care now. :)

May 27th, 2020, 11:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next