View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
@Roger V : the TB I bought has idle stepper motor, temp sensor, map sensor and TPS. So the one you saw on Ebay comes close to that as well.
I prepared a rectangular box to which I attached the inlet manifold parts left and right. See pic some posts someweeks ago.

I had installed an e-cooling fan, worked fine dependent on oil temp and car speed. I removed it because in very hot weather of this summer the flow rate was too small. So if you find an e-fan with sufficient flow rate, this should work fine. The circuitry for my e-fan was designed by an electronic hobbyist.

December 6th, 2020, 5:30 pm
Firing on two.

I have a fan in the cupboard, but it consumes about 6 amps. However, I suppose its probably only going to be running around idle.

December 6th, 2020, 6:09 pm
Firing on two.

I have a pot meter on the board so that the speed from which the fan shall start can be set. I had it below 40 km/h. So everthing above the riding wind had to cool. This already was critical in hot weather. And once in a city, the fan could not get it down again to lets say 100 degrees C. So I should have set it at 60 km/h and should have used a fan with large blades. I had one with small blades only but nicely fitting in the fan opening.
The 6 amps is no problem as the circuitry operated a relay.

December 6th, 2020, 6:32 pm
Firing on two.

Speeduino has the abilty to control the fan. The alternator is only 30 amp, and already has a lot more electrics to run than its used to. :)

The fan is quite powerful, and suprisingly quite.

I'll think about this a bit more.

Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

December 6th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Firing on two.

Roger V : is your fan taken from a car ?

December 6th, 2020, 8:37 pm
Firing on two.

no, its a universal one. Ive only tried it by touching leads on a battery. Dont know how robust it will be. :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

December 6th, 2020, 8:47 pm
Firing on two.

Roger V : that looks like about the same as mine, but has larger blades. The blades on my fan are straight and much smaller. I stripped the gril off the fan
and could fix the motor of the fan with two screws to the existing grill of the car.

December 6th, 2020, 11:22 pm
Firing on two.

I bought this one a few years back, but just put it in the cupboard intending to look into it. Geo prompted me with that link.

This fan, is almost the same size as the original mechanical one. i was thinking of attaching it to the shroud. More research on temp sensors first. :)

December 6th, 2020, 11:36 pm
Firing on two.

About the one cam pulse needed for sequential injection : I have found an electronic engineer who is willing to make a devider so that only one pulse is sent to the Speeduino. I can add a Hall sensor to the outside of the pcb of the 123 unit which then sees the same magnets as used by the 123 unit. So the added Hall sensor sends out two signals which will devided by 2. I am very hopefull about this progress.

December 7th, 2020, 9:45 am
Firing on two.

I'm confused! :) I think somewhere along the build, your plans have changed from how I understood them.

So, to clarify.

Speeduino can run fuel injection, and ignition timing.

Ignition
To run ignition timing you need a missing tooth trigger wheel (TW). From what i understand, you have one on the fly wheel. With a wasted spark coil, you can only have wasted spark ignition. 2 coils, will allow you sequential ignition, but only if you have both a crank (TW) input, and a cam (single pulse) input. If you dont have 'Smart' coil/s, you need an ignitor. A Bosch 211can do this.

Fuel
Generally, Speeduino runs fuel from the trigger wheel. It doesnt have to, but thats the way it was designed. People do run there OEM ignition systems, and piggback the fuel from the ignition pulse. However, you cant have sequential fuel with this set up because it fires all injectors at the same time.

If you have the trigger wheel working and you want sequential fuel, probably all you need to do, is remove a magnet from 123 and you will have your cam signal. Im not sure how 123 will like that though.

December 7th, 2020, 10:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next