View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
@jasu : thanks for the info and pics of the injector mounting ! How did you solve the pressure petrol pump in the tank ?

May 4th, 2020, 10:24 am
Firing on two.

With external pump. At the first solution, I soldered pipes on the top of the tank, and with the second solution, I had to move the tank because of the rear diff, and installed an aluminium race tank with external pump also...

Maybe on next version, I will install pump inside of fuel tank, there might be some possibility to get the pump with the fuel sender unit, with new bigger pipes on..?

May 4th, 2020, 10:34 am
Firing on two.

Yes, I was sure I'd forgotten components. :lol:

Fuel pump, I have bought an internal pump, the same as is on my motorbike. I have a pressure regulator I bought on ebay for another purpose.

TPS is again an ebay purchase, and I had to make/print a connector for it.

Regarding the trigger wheel sensor. You dont need the magnets. The Hall Effect (HE) sensors available today have the magnet built in to the sensor and detect when its near ferrous metal. so simplest way is to accurately drill holes in the flywheel.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

May 4th, 2020, 12:17 pm
Firing on two.

@Roger V : Thanks for info about the Hall sensor. They also should have 3 wires connected ? Because the inductor sensors have the magnet inside as well, but only 2 wires connected.
I guess I see on the pic that you have fabricated an extension to the normal carb. This extension contains the trottle position sensor, wright ? This morning I looked at a carb and saw indeed that the axis operating the internal plates has a treat on which a bushing can be turned. The axis can so be extended to operate a position sensor. In that case no expensive trotlle body needed.

I am not used to buy on ebay, but you seem to have good experience there.

May 4th, 2020, 4:03 pm
Firing on two.

Hall-sensor usually has three wires. There is two-wire hall-sensors, on modern car ABS-wheel sensors, but usually sensors what are meant to use as crank trigger have three...

There is also VR-sensors, what can also used as crank sensor. They have only a coil inside, and when they have three wires, the third is only shield on cable. These also needs an amplifier, what hall-sensors doesn't need...

You can use carb as throttle body, but they usually restrict air flow. What I have on my engines, on other one there is throttel body, from Bx again. 19 GTi, with only one butterlfy connected. And on the other, throttle body from Xantia. And yes, too big throttle body makes tuning harder, and when going much too big, You can't get any reliable MAP signal, and engine gets more than enough air on very small throttle opening...

On some small cars, Daewoo Matiz for example, has throttle body as small as 32mm. Good for these small engines...

And one thing to remember, there isn't on almost none of the only way to do, and af course that makes also nearly no limits of parts to use...

May 4th, 2020, 4:26 pm
Firing on two.

@jasu : the external placed pump was that one to be placed inside a tank normally ? I do not know exactly why a pump should be inside the tank, but I can only guess its for cooling.

May 4th, 2020, 5:55 pm
Firing on two.

I took the manifold off. :cry:

You can also see how I connected TPS with a barrel nut. The nut has a slot cut in the end to engage withe the tps tangs.

I think submersible pumps in the tank are quitier.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

May 4th, 2020, 6:19 pm
Firing on two.

@Roger V : together with your earlier photo I can indeed follow your construction for the TPS. On the other photo I also clearly see the flywheel having the slots and the crank sensor opposite them.

May 4th, 2020, 8:12 pm
Firing on two.

Of course you know, there is a "nice" hole in the manifold ! Don't use it that way, he he

May 4th, 2020, 8:14 pm
Firing on two.

Did you mount the internal pump inside a standard 2cv petrol tank ?

May 4th, 2020, 8:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next