View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
@EDCE
Much the same as you, I wanted to attach injector bungs to the inlet manifold near the cylinder heads. I had hoped to get some bungs machined to fit the shape of the manifold, and then epoxy them on. I have a 3d printer to make up the bung templates.

May 3rd, 2020, 5:36 pm
Firing on two.

Something like this.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

May 3rd, 2020, 5:44 pm
Firing on two.

@Roger V : I had something in mind like this.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

May 3rd, 2020, 6:44 pm
Firing on two.

I do like that however, I wanted my injectors under the manifold.

May 3rd, 2020, 7:16 pm
Firing on two.

I thought it would be best for the mixing with air that the petrol jet cone would go in the same direction as the air.
By the way, have you a list of components which you bought for this application ?

May 3rd, 2020, 8:09 pm
Firing on two.

Where are you? :)

May 3rd, 2020, 10:02 pm
Firing on two.

Speeduino, Australia, but now available in America and UK. Bare boards are available, and just add what you need regarding channels. The whole project is open source. Other flavours of the project boards are available. Be cautious of knock offs, as cheaply made boards and components will let you down.

Arduino mega2560. £8-£18. Can work with clones!

Map is on speeduino board

WBO2 and controller was UK from LDperfomance

Crank, machined locally for trigger wheel

HE, coolant and iat sensors from ebay.

Vag cop used from ebay, you could use existing coil and bosch 211

Tunerstudio is free download. Upgrades require a fee.

I also have msdroid to run on an android tablet. Pro version £12.

Msdroid is connected via bluetooth curtesy of ebay.

Ask if I've forgotten anything!

:)

May 3rd, 2020, 10:26 pm
Firing on two.

@Roger V: thanks for the list of the electrical components. For the mechanical part I think of a petrol pump (high pressure) in the tank, fuel lines, pressure regulator, trottle body. I have time till the next winter to collect all these items. For now I am going to surf the web and find the right references for the electrical components. I think for example about the injectors, which volume of petrol they have to handle per injection.

May 4th, 2020, 8:45 am
Firing on two.

About the trigger wheel : I am thinking about a strip of metal plate which I lay around the flywheel and prop weld it at various places. The metal strip can be made so that each teeth holds a small magnet. A hall sensor, which can be very small and which is very sensitive, can detect these magnets.

May 4th, 2020, 8:49 am
Firing on two.

Couple of photos about injector installing. I have better photos somewhere (and at photobucket, but they are blurred) and didn't manage to find them now...

https://www.citroenkerho.fi/citikkagall ... 8a9-me.jpg
This is my first installation. Done about two decades ago, much nicer than the next version...

https://www.citroenkerho.fi/citikkagall ... 97e-me.jpg
This. Made without proper milling machines. Also, those are nearly too long, and later I changed them to much shorter ones. There was some challenges to have fuel lines far enough from exhaust, and also those GSA brake calibers came very close...

About injector size. If You don't expect to have plenty more power, you should have as small injectors You can find. Ok, nowadays it is much easier to find them, than what it was when I was started to make EFI. About 100cc/min will be enough for about 40 HP, and if You choose too big injectors, You will have problems to tune the idle and low RPM situations...

I have had on my n/a engine injectors of 146, 170, and 214cc/min, and on my supercharged engine have 272cc/min injectors. They are Megasquirt, n/a with MS1 and supercharged MS2. Those are bought at the time when the MS community was a lot of DIY oriented, what I have find now they liket to sell Plug'n'Pray -stuff, and they have tried to restrict not to use MS-chip on any other board than what they sell...

Also have installed MS2 to control ignition on my carb Sm, and going to install EFI stuff to my old Range rover, MS3 card is bought, but maybe try at first with MS2 because there isn't as much of learning new stuff what the MS3 have...

At start of this millenium, it was a lot harder to find knowledge and parts for EFI. I was even planning to make my own ECU, but then the MS came around with decent pricing. All the hardware was from several wrecked Bx, what we had on backyard then. Everything was hard to find and expensive, original factory EFI -cars was rare at scrapyards, and the DIY was then only way to have then...

Sorry that the photos are linked like that, can't make then the other way for some reason...

May 4th, 2020, 10:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next