View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
How long? Somewhere 2007-2008 made it, and still going strong. Used sensor from -87 Bx 19 GTi...

That sensor is now only for Megasquirt, same sensor works great with almost any Citroen gauge, tested with Bx, Cx, Xm and Sm gauges...

Thread made with simple tool for making threads, can't remember correct name in english of that tool... Have made coulpe of these sensors, much thicker walls that expected...

And need to mention, bought some sensors, Intermotor, and those have 8mm outer diameter, going to use them on some other solution...

December 14th, 2020, 9:19 pm
Firing on two.

@jasu : so you drilled a hole in the srew head and made the 7 mm tread ?

December 14th, 2020, 9:59 pm
Firing on two.

@Edce
@Jasu cut a M7 thread on the probe part of the sensor. The bolts to retain the bottom of the cooling shroud are M7.

December 15th, 2020, 12:43 am
Firing on two.

@jasu
@Roger
Has the material of the probe enough thickness for cutting the necessary tread ? I never opened such probe part of a sensor. Any pic ?

December 15th, 2020, 9:23 am
Firing on two.

I think there may be some trial and error involved, as parts from different suppliers may not all be the same. The only consistency will be the thread for the original OEM fitment.

Don't forget, all it has to do is support its own weight, as its no longer under pressure from the coolant system.

December 15th, 2020, 11:16 am
Firing on two.

The tip of my sensor is even smaller then 7 mm. But I can fix it through a hole to be made in the encapsulation such that the sensor will stick between the cooling fins of the cylinder head. Pic to follow later.

December 15th, 2020, 12:18 pm
Firing on two.

It's a rainy day, so why waiting to fix the sensor :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Edce on December 15th, 2020, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 15th, 2020, 3:07 pm
Firing on two.

@Edce
My first thought was to wedge a sensor between the fins, but I think the sensor would be being cooled as much as the engine. I dont think it would be accurate enough.

December 15th, 2020, 3:17 pm
Firing on two.

you posted as I posted!

that sensor would be shaded from airflow, so would have a better change of working. :D

I guess it also depends on the purpose of monitoring the temperature.

if its warmup enrichment once you get to a certain temperature, you turn off enrichment. On the other hand, if its to turn a cooling fan on and off, then you wont get air flow when idling and the sensor wont be over cooled.

However, I guess you may want both!

December 15th, 2020, 3:20 pm
Firing on two.

@Edce
Ive just been out looking at the engine in my outside cupboard. It's not raining here. :D

I've taken the tin cowls off the head, and I'm thinking that where you have the sensor behind the bolt hole, may be a better location than in the hole itself as its shielded from airflow. Best thing for me to do, is try it. :D

December 15th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next