View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2024, 10:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
I have looked up about the magnetic sensitivity of HS with and without built in magneto. The ones with buit in magnet have max 2,5 mT, whereas HS without magnet have up to 15 mT. Quite a difference.

May 8th, 2020, 8:46 am
Firing on two.

I guess the answer is to try it and see how it performs. :)

Did some work on my manifold today. :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

May 8th, 2020, 6:34 pm
Firing on two.

@Rofer V: nice work ! You put the injector holders indeed on the underside of the spider. I guess the mixing of air with petrol will not be influenced a lot by the position of the injector. Take the carb, its miles away from the inlet valve, and still the engines run smoothly.
I also understand that the flexible tubing which are placed low, be cooled by the driving wind, and when there might be a leak, the petrol reaches the ground before causing harm or get ignited. So all in all it is a good position.

May 8th, 2020, 6:45 pm
Firing on two.

I think from a technical point of view, your position is better. However, probably 90-95% of it is just getting the fuel in there. :)

I had planned to place the bungs closer to the inlet flange, but couldnt drill the hole there as the body of the manifold was in the way.

Waiting for the epoxy resin to dry now. Will see if it holds on tomorrow. :D

May 8th, 2020, 7:05 pm
Firing on two.

Roger V : oh, you are using epoxy resin to fix the holder to the spider ! Cool, as you see the benefits of glue as well ! It should hold because the spider doesn't get very hot. Its cooled by the cool air coming through the carb !

May 8th, 2020, 9:39 pm
Firing on two.

Yeah, using JB Weld. Supposed to be temperature resistant and good for joining metals. Will see how it works out. :)

It's gone solid, but need to leave the clamps on over night. Then I need to drill and tap the holes for the lpg nozzles, and the MAP connector.

Then hopfully refit tomorrow if the weather is still good?

I can put injectors in the bungs and cable tie them in, until I'm ready to connect up petrol.

I read that some people weld bungs in, and use epoxy to ensure a good seal aroind the weld.

May 8th, 2020, 9:59 pm
Firing on two.

The injectors need a support on their top too, I guess. So there will be not much mechanical stress on the bungs and the fixation to the spider. The injectors you have seem to be of the long type. I read they came from a 1.2 liter engine (4 x 300 cc = about the same as ours per cylinder !).
Succes with the LPG stuff too !

May 8th, 2020, 11:03 pm
Firing on two.

I mis understood how to select the injectors. I thought like you, that its about cc, but discovered that its about hp. I should have found a car that was 60 hp, not one that was 1200cc. Turns out the doner car was 85hp. Doesn't sound a lot, but that is about 30% bigger. Idle may be an issue if I cant get a small enough pulse width. We will see. If I have to, I will find other injectors. :)

May 8th, 2020, 11:22 pm
Firing on two.

@Roger V : I did already a quick search for petrol injectors, but seems to be difficult. Pls keep me posted of your results, I think you will be able to fire the car in the not too far future. I will only progress very slowly. I want to change the actual Visa engine in the car in the early winter times with another refurbished Visa engine with the injection stuff on it.

May 9th, 2020, 8:48 am
Firing on two.

Choosing injectors flowrate, is quite simple. You know about the power of engine, and also how many injectors You will install.

HP= (Flowrate cc/min) * 5

And, if You have more than one injector, with 2CV engine usually two, then just divide the flowrate by number of injectors. The result You get there, is the max power in theory You can have when injectors are open full time. Usually it is suggested to calculate needed flowrate with 85% injector duty cycle...

That is one way to solve what flowrate is enough, but not too much. It is possible to use way too large injectors, if the controller can handle them with very small duty cycle and the opening time (dead time, another term) is well known (what should be known to make tuning better)...

At first when I converted my Dyane to EFI, I just put Bosch Jetronic L3 from BX GTi to my engine, with two injectors, what were two times bigger flowrate (337cc/min), from some Sierra Cosworth. It behaved well, so next was to install Megasquirt with decent size (170cc/min) injectors, and drove with them until one started to leak through. Then I installed 146cc injectors, and at idle it behaved better at hot conditions when duty cycle was very low...

May 9th, 2020, 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next