View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
@jasu : indeed, when cam and cranck are mechanically connected (I guess in all petrol engines :) and the sofware allows to set the necessary triggers, a cam initiated spark and fuel should be possible.

December 12th, 2020, 6:58 pm
Firing on two.

Edce, Pete

I've ordered a hot end temperature sensor as used on 3D printer. Thought I may have a play with it as engine temperature sensor. Haven't thought how or where I will deploy it yet though.:)

December 13th, 2020, 10:31 pm
Firing on two.

Roger, the place to put the sensor is the key issue here. It should warm up not too slow, but also not too quick. I guess it would be quite a study to find such place. The oil temperature increase is far too slow, the temperature increase of the cooling air inside an airbox (around the exhaust) is in fact too rapid. The place to fix would be a plce where a stabilized temperature of about 90°C should be found. Maybe fixing a small plateof a certain length to the first silencer would the job. But as said that needs a lenghty investigation.

December 14th, 2020, 10:01 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Edce not quite true. There are 3 things going on in a 2cv engine. Oil temp, cilinder(head) temp and exhaust temp. Most true is cilinder(head temp) so that is what you want to measure. Oil is always (sometimes minutes) behind this. Most desirable to measure is the cilinder(head) temp. So put your sensor somewhere at the cilinder(head). Exhaust temp us also good to know especcially if you turbo-ed it.. But then you need some thermo coppels..

Russ

December 14th, 2020, 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Attachment:
IMG_2467.JPG
Sensor on cylinder head. Standard sensor from engine with Bosch injection, 7mm diameter, just made M7 thread on it...

Tried some other places also, oil temp is wrong place to diagnose temp fot EFI, sensor between cooling fins was unreliable and "too fast" reacting to drive situations, that place on cyl head was best place, from my opinion...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

December 14th, 2020, 12:34 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

jasu wrote:
Attachment:
IMG_2467.JPG
Sensor on cylinder head. Standard sensor from engine with Bosch injection, 7mm diameter, just made M7 thread on it...

Tried some other places also, oil temp is wrong place to diagnose temp fot EFI, sensor between cooling fins was unreliable and "too fast" reacting to drive situations, that place on cyl head was best place, from my opinion...

I agee Jasu, also a good place for a knock sensor.

Russ

December 14th, 2020, 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Jasu
That looks like what I have in mind. :) Is that a coolant temperature sensor? would you have a part number?

Geo
I was thinking knock sensor there as well. :)

December 14th, 2020, 2:33 pm
Firing on two.

:!: :!: Its the experience which tells the reeal thing :!: :!:

December 14th, 2020, 4:29 pm
Firing on two.

I don't have any part number, but exactly same sensor I have seen on PSA -engines (Ax, Bx, Cx, Xantia, Xm) from 80's, 90's, also BMW from same era and also from some Range Rovers from 90's and also Land Rover Discovery II -99...-02

December 14th, 2020, 4:32 pm
Firing on two.

@Jasu, this is so interesting. :)

So, how long has that been working?

How are you displaying the temperature? What do you use for a gauge?

Edit

And ...... did you just put a thread on the sensor, or did you have to cut it back first? :)

December 14th, 2020, 8:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next