View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
Thanks Pete

I have a thermocouple somewhere with an amplifier. I had some issues on the bench connecting it to speedy reliably. Probably me rather than the hardware. :)

I'll try the coolant sensor i have, and see how that works out. It will, or it won't. No big deal. :)

December 10th, 2020, 5:58 pm
Firing on two.

@ I have a thermocouple somewhere with an amplifier. I had some issues on the bench connecting it to speedy reliably. Probably me rather than the hardware.

Try it with an ungounded thermocouple, I had issues, worked on the bench, when powered from car didn’t work.

December 10th, 2020, 6:17 pm
Firing on two.

I have difinitely chosen for a cam signal via an extra magnet and Hall sensor in the ignition box.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

December 11th, 2020, 1:35 pm
Firing on two.

December 11th, 2020, 2:15 pm
Firing on two.

@edce
If you can run spark and fuel from 1-2 Spark, then a simple set of points (ground back to one lobe) could be your cam sensor.

December 11th, 2020, 10:42 pm
Firing on two.

@Roger V : GEO does run 1-2 Spark for spark and fuel. But he stopped to provide the solution for fuel for customers.

December 12th, 2020, 10:42 am
Firing on two.

I was thinking you could perhaps use a signal from 1-2 Spark in the way you were going to use a signal from 123 for fuel, Then perhaps use points for signal for sequential.

Just listing alternatives :)

December 12th, 2020, 2:04 pm
Firing on two.

@Roger V: maybe that's all possible, but I have now the Speeduino. And moreover I have no schematic of the 1-2 Spark. By using points, you mean the old points in the ignition box ?

December 12th, 2020, 2:24 pm
Firing on two.

Like i say, im just putting ideas put there.

Yes, a points box. But only if another method of signal is available for injection. Its just to indicate which revolution of the cycle #1 cylinder is on.

If your happy with what your doing, then go with it.

December 12th, 2020, 2:57 pm
Firing on two.

12-1 or 36-1 trigger wheel to cam? So only one sensor needed to have wich rev engine is on, and the position of engine also...

Yes, some may say, it cannot be done that way, but I have tested both on my SM for ignition, nad driven a lot with 36-1 trigger on cam, having reliable ignition for odd-fire V6 engine with wasted spark coils. I haven't tested with COP, my a friend who wrote the odd-fire code for Megasquirt, has driven his SM IE for years and tested all three other coil -options (singel coil, double coil and COP) so all four versions is proven reliable...

Some also said there cannot be accurate enough timing, when triggering is at cam, but I couldn't say there is any in-accurate, when checked by strobe the real timing. Timing marks on crank didn't move anywhere from that what was asked...

Never looked back, to switch carbs instead injection on my both Dyane, have had EFI from 2007, and only problems what I had has been mistakes by me. Nothing to blame Megasquirt, they have worked a lot better than I expected, even colder than -30'C...

December 12th, 2020, 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next