View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Place for switches or gauges 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Place for switches or gauges
@jasu : very good help ! So you advice to install 146 cc/min injectors, which I guess are amongst the smallest one can get. Many thanks !

May 9th, 2020, 10:23 am
Firing on two.

Even 100 cc/min should be enough, but I think 146 cc/min is better because I'm sure You will try to have more power. With 100 cc/min injectors, you might have 40 HP (or 34 HP at 85% DC). 146 cc/min gives about 50 HP at 85% DC... And You had Visa 652 engine..? Then is much preferable to use those 146 cc/min injectors...

May 9th, 2020, 10:50 am
Firing on two.

@jasu : thanks for info.!! I am more looking for a normal use of the Visa engine, stable running, good start, hopefully less consumption. But even the latter is less important.
Do you think 100 cc/min injectors can be found ?

May 9th, 2020, 12:32 pm
Firing on two.

I came across a list on a bosch site .... somewhere! They are available, but you have to be cautious of the impedence of the injector. I think 8-12 ohms is acceptable. Low impedance will draw to much current through speeduino. You can add in line resistors, but the word is, it can mess with opening times.

This is something I need to consider with my lpg injectors. :)

May 9th, 2020, 3:19 pm
Firing on two.

Yes, no low impedance injectors on modern circuits ! The high impedance injectors have 8 Ohms about. This is because internally a suppression resistor is added to eliminate interference with electronics (in the past it was interference with radio broadcasting, later with TV etc etc).

May 9th, 2020, 3:35 pm
Firing on two.

Just because they are listed, does not mean they easily available.

https://motorwestperformance.com/fuel-i ... and-specs/

Another, but not necessarily preferrable option, is to lower the fuel pressure a little on injectors that are a little to big. :)

May 9th, 2020, 5:11 pm
Firing on two.

A little more progress.

The map and lpg injectors are in place. I will tie the injector and lpg hose together, and they will help support each other. I'll place something strategically to ensure they don't rub on the engine. :)

Hopefully the map take off, wont be in the way of the carb

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

May 9th, 2020, 7:43 pm
Firing on two.

Attachment:
IMG_20200509_195418.jpg
@Roger V: well done ! By MAP you mean a connection via a tube between the place where the LPG injector sits and the underside of the place where the carb sits. Is it to create equal pressure for the two places ?
Thanks for the Bosch injector survey. I simply took one article number, 100 cc/min 12 Ohm, Googled it and found it to be available in webshops in the Netherlands and Belgium. Was I lucky ?
This morning I finished a template for the drilling of holes to the flat side of the flywheel. All holes (35) will be filled with magnets, so there will hardly be any unbalance of the wheel.
I will order the 7 mm diameter magnets in China.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

May 9th, 2020, 8:07 pm
Firing on two.

I've confused you with all my plumbing. :)

First the map connection?

I've drilled a hole in the manifold, so that I can take a hard vacuum feed from below the throttle plate. This will be connect via a small hose to the map sensor on the speeduino board.

https://speeduino.com/shop/home/20-spee ... 3-pcb.html

The map sensor reads the load on the engine, and in combination with the rpm, controls the ignition advance and the amount of fuel to deliver.

The lpg nozzles connect via hose to the
lpg injectors (2). My lpg injectors are going to sit behind the carb. However, my lpg injectors are not in place yet, so I thought, to blank off the lpg nozzles, I would just connect them together with a hose.

May 9th, 2020, 10:54 pm
Firing on two.

All clear Roger V, thanks.

May 10th, 2020, 8:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next