View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Condensor Alternative? 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Condensor Alternative?
Coming back to this as have only just got around to trying it out. (Guess why....)

Anyhow unfortunately this Magneti item was duff out of the packet. And confusingly had Ducellier stamped on the bracket, as it was exactly the same part as I have as spares from Ecas. How odd is that.

I put in one of my Ducellier ones from Ecas and all was well.

I have done the modification, extending the wire neatly up to my the coil, where the condensor now lives and will be very easy to change! So disappointing they're only lasting this long but theres not a lot I can do about it. At least this time it did it as I started the car, and not during a journey.

November 24th, 2020, 7:45 pm
Firing on two.

I have had NOS contact points from France. Put them the didn't work at all ????
It turned out that damp had come in via the cardboard back of the blister and corroded the points. After cleaning the engine ran fine...

November 26th, 2020, 9:29 pm

A year ago I did a simple arduino circuit to check the capacitor value, as far as I remember it does only have a resistor, and I employed a good standard condensor of known value to calibrate the script.

I did it, based on this post, to check that the capacitor I was assembling was good, and not factory faulty.

You can see it working here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCenItviD-Q/

There is a chance that if the capacitor is faultye, under correct voltage they don't work correctly, even if the measured value is ok in this way, but the one im using im my car, was measured like so, and been working for this complete year without issues.

Attachment:
a.jpeg

Regards!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

July 26th, 2021, 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2