View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 11:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 captors 
Firing on two.

Post Re: captors
Eirik, I also had a 123 ignition on the previous 602 engine and never had problems with it. Like with the visa ignition the engine is not so nervous but it works perfectly. Going back to points won't be my option either.
What I really would like to have is sensors which I wouldn't need to drop some water on, when they get hot and fail...

Roger, I really enjoyed it there in your city. People were really friendly and yes I learned a lot about your culture/country.
The only problem was we were all foreigners, from different parts of the world, and we barely talked or interacted with the natives...

October 11th, 2018, 8:36 pm
Firing on two.

You found some Natives! I thought we'd all been replaced . . . certainly feeling like minorities.

Glad you enjoyed the trip.

October 15th, 2018, 8:44 am
Firing on two.

Derek, what has been happening in your conutry, applies to all countries in Europe. Don't forget, five centuries ago, we (the so-called Western civilization) invaded and colonized their lands bringing gold, diamonds, slaves, to enrich our countries.
Portugal (my country) and Spain were the first to do it, but then Holland, England, France, etc joined these imperialist wave ...
I guess now we are paying back...

October 16th, 2018, 11:18 am
Firing on two.

And then there's 'what have the Romans ever done for us' and William and his conkers!

Thought I was English through and through! Until it turned out that on my fathers side not to many generations back I'm Irish. Except that, I appear to be a descendant of a Spanish mercenary who fought in the civil war in Ireland. On whose side, is anyone's guess!

Probably, his own :D

October 16th, 2018, 1:11 pm
Firing on two.

I've been told there is a simple way to test visa sensors before mounting them. Does anyone know how that works?
Thanks

November 25th, 2018, 9:39 pm
Firing on two.

How about the test this chap applies.
?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.tapa ... 2853&amp=1

November 26th, 2018, 12:14 am
Firing on two.

Changes the 'computer'?
-----------------------------------

Vitor, what has happened and is happening to our country, is that Lions are led by Donkeys living in impenetrable towers (actually that's and insult to Donkeys). It has always been so, as other countries will testify as it's a global 'problem' - power and greed. Commonsense, trust and simplicity - are back seat passengers.

The market demands progress at an affordable price. The manufacturers seek the economies of size to maximise profit. The politicians are 'wordsmiths' (twisting lies into 'truths') with vested interests in manufacture and control. The common man and woman pays.

Not interested in diamonds and gold, and slavery is abhorrent. Most people just want to keep a roof over their head, like the Picts, the Celts, the Vikings (eventually), & Saxons, but are prey to their own insatiable desires for 'more' of whatever turns them on for 'entertainment' and thrills.

The Romans wanted Empire, stretched themselves until they broke. The Normans, although small in number (outnumbered 200 - 1 against the Saxon), were organised and built fast and strong. During all these times life was hard, and slavery was commonplace, and in so many ways we are far better off today - at least here in the 'West'. Even so, we are on the cusp of change, as our so called democratic governments try and screw a right hand threaded bolt into a left hand threaded hole to make an 'easier' task an impossible one. (Do they have a 'plan'? Or are they following orders? Conspiracy has a fertile field in which to grow).

Is it worth the effort - this desire for autonomy and independent rule of law? Could you have told that to the Celts, the Romans, the Saxon, the Viking when they set sail or marched so far? Yet all have left their influences around the World, and to a degree we are the richer for it, our Nations are a blend of many peoples, but there is corruption in high places (as always) and a lot of people are fed up with it. Becoming a vassal state of a foreign based power seeking political dominance wearing the gowns of trade, was always going to upset the British, but the biggest 'beef' many have is the manner in which we are governed - it's failing.

The cat is attempting to get out of the bag, but many have become used to the convenience, and are helping to draw the strings preventing escape - tighter, not least our own politicians. Voting changes little. If it did, they'd ban it. They won't, as it's all part of the theatrical backdrop giving an illusion of reality.

"Captors" - quite on topic.

I'll say no more on the matter.

November 26th, 2018, 9:30 am
Firing on two.

We all know this is not a political forum but, since the subject is captors (sorry, my mistake - I'm not a native English speaker and I wrote this word in my native language) I have to say that I mostly subscribe your text, Derek.
However I have to comment on this:
Voting changes little. If it did, they'd ban it. They won't, as it's all part of the theatrical backdrop giving an illusion of reality.
It´s true voting changes little but, in my opinion, it is better than being banned.
All kinds of dictatorships have banned either the vote or the parties that wouldn't support them.
I live in a country where that happened for a long time. A few years after the end of the Portuguese monarchy (back in 1910) we had a dictatorship (similar to the ones in Spain and Italy) which finished only in 1974, a little before the Spanish one.
Older people testify those were very hard times.
I don't think people who support Mr Trump, Bolsonaro (Brazil), Viktor Orbán (Hungary) and others alike, are people who respect the others who see life differently...

November 27th, 2018, 5:24 pm
Firing on two.

vitor wrote:
......I don't think people who support Mr Trump, Bolsonaro (Brazil), Viktor Orbán (Hungary) and others alike, are people who respect the others who see life differently...

Whereas, thankfully, most 2cv people are!

(Phew! I think I've steered it back towards cars again without anyone noticing!).

November 27th, 2018, 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

I see things differently, I need new windscreen wiper blades!

November 27th, 2018, 6:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next