View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Big Bore Kit 
Firing on two.

Post Big Bore Kit
Big Bore Kit.

Who has used this kit , what was the result?

December 14th, 2017, 6:03 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Big Bore Kit
I believe there are two different kits. One sold by Burton, Ecas, etc and one sold/developed by VGS in Belgium.

December 15th, 2017, 2:09 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

I fitted a 8.5:1 652 to an engine and could clearly feel the difference. The kit was pre used and I had the bores honed to remove some light rust where they had been exposed to air whilst stored. Not using that engine at the moment. :(

You have to run them in properly. ;)

More recent Burton kits are 9:1 652

December 15th, 2017, 9:30 am
Firing on two.

Jack Brookes has a big bore set in his blue car. I seem to remember a lot of fiddling with jets in portugal.

December 15th, 2017, 11:17 am
Firing on two.

chevrons2 wrote:
I believe there are two different kits. One sold by Burton, Ecas, etc and one sold/developed by VGS in Belgium.

I've fitted the Burton/Ecas one to a friend's car and on road test the difference was quite noticeable (even though I was keeping the revs low). He's very impressed with it.
I'm tempted to fit a kit to one (or more) of my own cars but the possible (?) overheating issue, due to the thin barrel walls, is something that concerns me. If it IS an issue, perhaps it's worth paying the higher price for the VGS kit......?

December 15th, 2017, 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

I fitted an Ecas twin cylinder head temperature gauge when I rebuilt the engine with the Burton 652 big bore kit, but I needent have bothered as I've had no problems whatsoever. Liked the extra performance, but now I long for more!

A noticeable improvement for €339.95. If you are considering spending €1225 for VGS 652cc nakasil barrels and pistons I would have thought that going all out and paying the extra for the larger 720cc exhange motor would be a serious consideration. I bet it'll go well then. :lol:

February 7th, 2018, 6:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]