View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Tune up info needed 
Firing on two.

Post Tune up info needed
I decided to give my my 2CV6 tune up today. As of right now I have the Harley Davidson ignition coil mounted to the light bar. I used two conduit clamps. Bonnet closes. I'll post photos once all is said and done.

Because the leads exit toward the front instead of the sides on this coil, I bought some 8mm coil wires which came with larger size and angled boots. So I'm going to have to cut these down and crimp new connectors onto the cables. As well as extending the + and - wiring.

I printed off an English/British shop manual about a year ago. I found the points gap but the plug gap is listed in ft.lbs instead of gap which has to be a misprint.

I Googled the plug and points gap and there seems to be some confusion.

Can someone just tell me what the points and plug gap should be for the 600cc engine? Mine is a 1973 "ringer" but I think it's an 87 model.

Once I get the car running properly on new points, I'm going to see if I can retrofit this Petronix ignitor system.

Thanks.

October 1st, 2017, 12:35 am
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Post Re: Tune up info needed
Points 0.4mm... Plugs 0.7mm..

turbofiat124 wrote:
I decided to give my my 2CV6 tune up today. As of right now I have the Harley Davidson ignition coil mounted to the light bar. I used two conduit clamps. Bonnet closes. I'll post photos once all is said and done.

Because the leads exit toward the front instead of the sides on this coil, I bought some 8mm coil wires which came with larger size and angled boots. So I'm going to have to cut these down and crimp new connectors onto the cables. As well as extending the + and - wiring.

I printed off an English/British shop manual about a year ago. I found the points gap but the plug gap is listed in ft.lbs instead of gap which has to be a misprint.

I Googled the plug and points gap and there seems to be some confusion.

Can someone just tell me what the points and plug gap should be for the 600cc engine? Mine is a 1973 "ringer" but I think it's an 87 model.

Once I get the car running properly on new points, I'm going to see if I can retrofit this Petronix ignitor system.

Thanks.

Russ

October 1st, 2017, 12:47 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: Tune up info needed
Thank you!

October 1st, 2017, 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]