View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Why is my car so slow? 
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Post Re: Why is my car so slow?
Russell,
No worries, I'll send some plugs as well.
There's always Snet or the National to catch up with later...

ken

Russell wrote:
Ken,

It's got a twin choke from a 2cv engine, but the blower isn't hooked up, it's breathing through an Ami8 filter, would cleaning the air filter (which is a bit grubby now I think about it) be likely to solve it? I can't recall which plugs it's got but I'll order some of those you've suggested.

I'll pm you my adress, what will I owe you?

July 18th, 2009, 11:07 pm
Firing on two.

Ah yes, Snetterton, what do you drink Ken?

Russ.

July 18th, 2009, 11:30 pm
viking bastard

ken wrote:
Russell,
hope you've got a strobe, after I've spent half an hour trying to upload a bl##ming pdf to Flickr... :)

< http://www.flickr.com/photos/30132857@N ... 5/sizes/o/ >

As regards the jetting, if it's a standard late model 2CV carb, with original jetting, it will be too lean if you've got the Ami/Dyane blower hooked up.

If so, there'll be a replacement primary petrol jet in the post to you as soon as you can send me your address...

Valve clearances to 0.25 exhaust, 0.2 inlet and also hope you've got some B8HS plugs to hand.

ken.

Ken I am not having a go at you but why bother fiddling around with stuffed advance weights. You are dealing with the symptom and not the reason. You wouldn’t do this if the weights were working. New advanced weights are so cheap, easy to replace and very reliable in the long run. When playing up, bin them. If not, they will continue to play up regardless how you set the timing.

I do know why, others may not. Maybe explain why you recommend 0.25 mm on the exhaust. I don't agree but that is another matter. Street driving doesn't need 0.25 mm not even during the Australian Summer.

July 19th, 2009, 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Opinions vary and that's a healthy thing. Most people don't want/need to know the ins and out s of why something is done, just that it fixes the fault!

Come on people, I'm sick of bickering, let's get back to the friedly ways (International2cvfriends) after all! ;)

Please 8-)

July 19th, 2009, 11:17 am
viking bastard

spanners wrote:
Opinions vary and that's a healthy thing. Most people don't want/need to know the ins and out s of why something is done, just that it fixes the fault!

Come on people, I'm sick of bickering, let's get back to the friedly ways (International2cvfriends) after all! ;)

Please 8-)

Goodbye freedom of speech. :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech

Last edited by 2CViking on July 19th, 2009, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 19th, 2009, 11:20 am
Profile WWW
2CViking wrote:
spanners wrote:

Please 8-)

Goodby freedom of speech. :o

Exactly, by arguing the toss about somebody elses opinions,one is waving goodbye to the freedom of speech. If however one doesn't blatently disagree with those counter opinions and let others have their own way of doing something-freedom of speech/thought still exists does it not?

July 19th, 2009, 11:23 am
My grandad's got a ferret.
:ugeek:

July 19th, 2009, 11:39 am
viking bastard

BrianDamaged wrote:
My grandad's got a ferret.
:ugeek:

July 19th, 2009, 11:43 am
Profile WWW
super slot

July 19th, 2009, 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Russ old chum dont get into a flap.It aint a spa pitstop youve got all week ;)
you know the stuff so go thru it methodically

And while you wait for Pat to deliver the jet stick it up on axle stands and go round making sure that all the wheels turn freeley, no brakes dragging no kingpin scouring the UJ, gearbox running free etc etc

Sounds like a combination of lean running and incorrect timing; fingers crossed the pistons havent caught so far.

See if you come over to the (timing) Light Side you could see what the advance was doing and where it was stopping, the strobe is a diagnostic tool too :P ( and the fact that your pinking AND already cooked the engine would suggest that the peg in that particular injun aint taking into account any wear in the advance weights, their stops or if they are catching )

Sean
Ill bring the strobe and some other stuff on holiday! Just have to break the news to V that as the Oily stuff increases so the glamourous and comfortable items have to go :lol:

July 19th, 2009, 4:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next