View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Battery cable orientation (LHD) 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Battery cable orientation (LHD)
Even a piece of plastic cut from a milk bottle. They can be mighty useful things for impromptu funnels from their handles, and containers for small things (read crap).

May 15th, 2017, 1:41 pm
Firing on two.

About your old Lead clamp if it isn't broken you can take the bolt out en saw the slit in the lead open with a hacksaw. then there will be enough space to tighten the bolt again. I did so a friends car last week, worked well.

May 15th, 2017, 7:55 pm
Firing on two.

Derek wrote:
Just measured my positive cable from starter to battery - 20" not including the connectors. You'd need another six inches to reach the positive terminal if turned around.

I thought I measured 20" the other day. I stopped by AutoZone on the way home from work and the closest I cable I could find was 25" so I went with that one.

It fits much better than the other one. I wrapped some electrical tape over the bracket just for extra insurance.

May 15th, 2017, 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Don't spoil the ship for a h'aporth of tar. Cover that whole end in tape, or cut a piece of insulating rubber/plastic and put over the base of the terminal.
Good clamp though.

The danger is in using a spanner to undo or tighten and shorting out - but you won't do that, because you always remove the Earth clamp (-ive) first - and replace it last, won't you! ;)

May 15th, 2017, 10:11 pm
Firing on two.

Derek wrote:
Don't spoil the ship for a h'aporth of tar. Cover that whole end in tape, or cut a piece of insulating rubber/plastic and put over the base of the terminal.
Good clamp though.

The danger is in using a spanner to undo or tighten and shorting out - but you won't do that, because you always remove the Earth clamp (-ive) first - and replace it last, won't you! ;)

I've got several sheets of GoreTex I use as gasket material that should make a good insulator. Only problem it's white. I'll look down in the maintenance shop at work and see if there is any black rubber material available.

May 15th, 2017, 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2