View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 26th, 2024, 8:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Headlamp bulbs! 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Headlamp bulbs!
turbofiat124 wrote:
Hey I sent you an email through your website to see if you ship to the USA and if you accept Paypal.

For some reason I haven't received your email but the answer is 'Yes' to both those questions. (If you have any other questions, perhaps you could send me a pm)

January 19th, 2017, 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

chevrons2 wrote:
turbofiat124 wrote:
Hey I sent you an email through your website to see if you ship to the USA and if you accept Paypal.

For some reason I haven't received your email but the answer is 'Yes' to both those questions. (If you have any other questions, perhaps you could send me a pm)

OK. I'm checking out some of your other items like your mirrorcool surrounds before ordering.

January 19th, 2017, 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Mirror cool really works well, and are "easy " to fit. The first one takes a while, the second is a doddle.

January 19th, 2017, 10:44 pm
Firing on two.

Thanks Richard.

I'm away for a few days (working on an H-van and visiting friends in Yorkshire), so can't send anything out until I get back on Wednesday or Thursday, I'm afraid.

January 20th, 2017, 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

turbofiat124 wrote:

OK. I'm checking out some of your other items like your mirrorcool surrounds before ordering.

All of the Retrospec parts are great, highly recommended.

January 20th, 2017, 12:53 pm
Firing on two.

turbofiat124: Although we have exchanged PMS over the last few days, the reply (about identifying your mirrors) that I have tried to send you twice this afternoon won't leave my outbox. It says they're sent but they're not gone!, so I don't know if you've got them.
Basically the answer to your question is "No" but I did give a more detailed reply to help with identification so, if you still need that, perhaps you could send me your email address (by pm) and I'll send you my full reply. Thanks.

February 8th, 2017, 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Hey, I'm having issues with private messaging too!

The code on the backside of the mirror has this stamped on it (both mirrors) and the plastic surrounding is gray and about to fall apart especially on the passenger side.

E2 in a circle and 00275, gray plastic. Does that indicate what mirror I have?

February 9th, 2017, 1:18 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

turbofiat124 wrote:
Hey, I'm having issues with private messaging too!

The code on the backside of the mirror has this stamped on it (both mirrors) and the plastic surrounding is gray and about to fall apart especially on the passenger side.

E2 in a circle and 00275, gray plastic. Does that indicate what mirror I have?

Yes. "275" is the relevant reference number, so you need the kits for Geco 22, 274, 275 & 438 mirrors.

February 9th, 2017, 1:48 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Hey I placed the order for the bulbs and the mirror kit and mentioned about the other bits we talked about.

I already paid for the bulbs and mirror kit and shipping so send me a Paypal invoice for the other stuff and any adjustment costs for shipping.

Just whenever, I work 12 hour shift work so I know how it is.

Thanks.

February 9th, 2017, 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

As mentioned I installed the 55/65 watt bulbs from Chevrons2 and love them! Much better lighting and the wiring going to the switch shows no signs of heat. Highly recommended! Keep in mind any of you guys might be able to buy these bulbs at Halfords but I can't find them over here after 50+ years of DOT required seal beam headlights.

I decided not to the use the yellow covers. By the way, why did France use yellow headlight bulbs for so many years? I was told (by a Brit) it was a leftover requirement from WW II. Something about making it harder for the Nazis to see activity on the ground from airplanes. Then by the 1990s they they figured a German invasion was unlikely and started using clear bulbs.

I've always wondered why German cockroaches are called "German" when they are from Africa. Is it because they invade your home like the Germans did France and Poland during WWII?

Also swapped the main and dipped wires at the switch so the stalk toggles between main and dipped opposite and matches my Subaru.

I still have not had a chance to install my mirror surround kit yet.

March 31st, 2017, 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next