View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Gearbox swap 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Gearbox swap
jasu wrote:
Engine is AYA2, 435cc, found on 2cv4. And there is place for dynamo.

M28 is 602cc and AYA2 is 435cc, almost no part is possible to change between them

Flywheel can be mounted from AYA2 to any 425 engine, but not to M28 or M4, the bigger ones have different PCD on mounting bolts.

Every day is a school day! :D
This is what's great about this place, always there is someone who knows what they are talking about. Thanks Jasu, so not such a bitsa after all.
I don't remember the 435 being marketed in the UK...?

March 6th, 2015, 3:51 pm
Firing on two.

citroenboat wrote:
jasu wrote:
Engine is AYA2, 435cc, found on 2cv4. And there is place for dynamo.

M28 is 602cc and AYA2 is 435cc, almost no part is possible to change between them

Flywheel can be mounted from AYA2 to any 425 engine, but not to M28 or M4, the bigger ones have different PCD on mounting bolts.

Every day is a school day! :D
This is what's great about this place, always there is someone who knows what they are talking about. Thanks Jasu, so not such a bitsa after all.
I don't remember the 435 being marketed in the UK...?

I've heard that 435 was offered to cheap solution for countries where was need to cheap cars, like many African poor countries, and of course Finland, thanks to our tax policy. Even these small cars were quite expensive in that days, mostly from eastern countries, Lada etc...

When government needed a lot of money, they invented to put quite big tax for cars, and they called it "a temporary solution", what has been collected nearly 60 years now. It depended for a car, but it was at some time over 150% add to normal price

So, that is the reason we have plenty of 435 2cv's and Dyanes, and why we repair/restore even hopeless cars, I think you can't even imagine how hopeless... :lol:

March 6th, 2015, 4:23 pm
Firing on two.

they were sold here too.

March 6th, 2015, 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2