View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 1-2-Squirt... 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1-2squirt...
Guys...

CALM DOWN and respect that we each may have a different view on things.

DONT FALL OUT.... OVER WHAT IS JUST A HOBBY.

February 1st, 2015, 1:36 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Yes dady....

Russ

February 1st, 2015, 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

daddy

February 2nd, 2015, 12:45 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Here are two little video's made yesterday of my Ami 8 cruising along on LPG with Lambda-probe just mounted, so only reading, no closed loop at the moment

b.t.w did a 370km trip with it yesterday.... leaned it of to arf 18 at the end...

Russ

February 2nd, 2015, 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

nice, very nice - keep up the good work - keep on squirting

February 3rd, 2015, 11:27 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Today I managed to get the fueltable going, I now can fill out a table from 0 to 255..

so 1 = 0.0001 seconds the injector will be open (this is the smallest amount the injector can be open
and 255 = 0.0255 seconds the injector will be open
this will the longest time the injector will be open

So the numbers of the cel will be multiplied by 100 (counting in us = 0.000001 seconds)
This will do for a start.. afterwards I can always make the mutiplier changable; bigger or smaller as you need to squirt more fuel or less fuel. In Megasquirt this is called Req fuel...

255 is a number which comes from the chip; 16 x 16 = 256 places.. (0 to 255)

Another aproach is using 255*255 then we can inject from 0 to 65535us... but it takes longer to adjust a cell then..

Attachment:
0-255.jpg

1-2 squirt fuel time table... (VE table)
I just filled out some random numbers into the cells to test... Normaly the numbers are at the left botom the lowest and right top the highest....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ

February 6th, 2015, 12:49 am
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Spend the whole weekend and evenings of last week to get the "true 3D" fuel table going...

I thought it would be easy because I already have a true 3D ignition table.. but I needed to adjust the algorithm from degrees (igniton) to injector open time (injection)

When I calulated a given rpm (867 rpm/minit) and map (79Kpa) I should have a injectortime opening (called pulsewidth in Megasquirt) of 5440 us; this is 0.005440 seconds b.t.w this is double from what I'm running now on Megasquirt so only for reference..

So I'm proud to announce the chip calculates 0.005438 seconds and all this without floating points calculations, so this is a diffrence of 0.000002 sec.. Probably better then Megasquirt does...

Now I did this only for 4 cells at the moment so this week I need to adjust all my cells algoritm and then I will make a short video of it...

So the first problem is solved now I need to make the chip to execute this time to really get the injector(s) open for this time...

Russ

March 2nd, 2015, 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

GO GEO, GO GEO, GO GEO!!! :)

March 2nd, 2015, 8:50 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Now, great news here...

I translated the pulsewidth calculated from the fueltable into the chip. I connected a small 12 volt 2Watt light to it and you you can really see the light brighten and dimming?? when going along the fueltable, so this should work...

I also have build in the coolant temperature correction.. This is now tunable from -40 degrees celcius to 150 degrees celcius in steps of 20 degrees. You can tune from 1 to 255 percent of the actual pulsewidth calculated by the fueltable...

Simply it comes to this.. a cold engine needs more fuel then a hot engine and now I can adjust this :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also build in a injectordead time.. when putting current to the injector it needs some time to activate the coil and after a while it starts to squirt, this takes about 1/1000 of a second

Simply it comes to this... iddling your engine with headlights, wipers and big stereo on so voltage is down the injector(s) need(s) more time to open as when you idlle with everything turned off..

I wanted to make a video of it but theres not much to see right now, only a bulb brightening or dimming...... but for me it is a confirmation it works as it should..

So if you believe it or not, the next thing is to put the injection in my car and try it...

I can't wait...........

Russ

March 10th, 2015, 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Last evening and this evening I made a real prototype.. I transformed an ignitionbox into a injectionbox, so now I only need to attach a Megasquirt connector to it and then I can put it into my car.. Megasquirt out, 1-2-squirt in...

So what do I have already..

2 injectordrivers (at the moment without pwm) but pwm should be possible too..
Map sensor 0 to 1.5 bar of boost
IAT temp
CLT temp
Shiftlight (or output for something more useful) fan or something
Petrol pump driver (same as my ignition; 8 seconds of pumping or when the engine rotates till 2 seconds after engine dies)
3 times VE table-switch

the injection chip will be triggered by 5 volt which comes from my (1-2-spark) ignition
So if it runs I have a real stand alone motormanagemant 8-) 8-) 8-)

I think this is al I need for a start... I don't have a tps-sensor at the moment. My car is running at LPG. I don't feel the need for a tps-sensor right now...

So maybe this weekend I'm going to test it.. Fingers crossed..

Attachment:
proto1.jpg

This is going to run this...

Attachment:
onder de motorkap.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ

March 12th, 2015, 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next