View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 8:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 1-2-Squirt... 
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Post Re: 1-2squirt...
Rusty wrote:
Hi Geo,

great to hear you managed to get this far! I'm very keen to see your inventions in Poland!

I'm just thinking out loud now, and not really familiar with squirtstuff, but wouldn't it be better to have 2 sensors for determining of the crank speed and angle (similar to visa 652) it's just a thought..

oh, and can I pre-order a 12-squirt already ;) love your 12-spark so much, I NEED 12-squirt as well!

greetzzzzzzz, Rusty

Thanks for liking the stuff I make...... I'm happy when I can help somebody...

I've never dreamed I could make my own management-system, I thought it was very hard to do. But it seems to be a lot easier then I thought.. My car is running very well and also theres a real power increase even versus petrol.. Yes it is now running faster on LPG injection then on Petrol...

As said befor I'm at the end of this small microcontroller; I'm deleting other stuff so that I can implement fixed timing.....

After Poland I will make a new design with a 128kb microcontroller, now I have 32kb, so 4 times as big and also with more RAM, so calculations will be even faster executed (I hope)..

When I have the bigger microcontroller I can think about injecting close loop. This will say that the lambda-probe will adjust the mixure live when driving the car......

Please Rusty inform me about the Spartan lambda-probe, I think I need one too..

After that we can talk about testing 1-2-Squirt.. (Never thougt I was going to write this sentence)....

I think it will be just like 1-2-spark at the end.. I will give you a injection system on which your engine runs just fine. If you want the last HP you need to tune it to your needs....

See you in Poland***

*** I hope to make it. I want to go in my Ami, but the engine is as worn as it can be, I thought I never made it to Spain two years ago and now 2 years on and 17000km on, the engine is still running (well sort of) so see me at Poland...

Geo...

Russ

July 14th, 2015, 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1-2-Squirt...
About the 14point7, I have no experience with any other system, so can't compare.

But setting up was really easy, just connect the wires and go! Responsetime is very short, the gauge reading is stable as well, I just hope my gauge is showing the correct values, I got myself the cheap stuff from the far east ;)

You're welcome to have a look at it and go for a spin or 2, at least when we see eachother in Poland!

Aren't you able to put a new or used set of cilinders and pistons on the Ami? Or at least change the rings and valvestem seals, that might do wonders! 2 or 3 evenings and youre done!

Greetzzzz

July 14th, 2015, 10:44 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

So I made it to Poland with my very worn engine using more then 2 liters of oil driving on 1-2-Squirt and spark... Did a staggering 6.5 liters of Lpg for 100km. So it cost me 39 euro for fuel to get here... Did a greet run over here driving on my own motormanagement. Driving around lambda 1.00 all the time doing about 105 km/h average with my fully loaded Ami..Going uphill lambda going to 0.85 and going downhill about 1.15 and thus all with the lambda probe only monitoring not controlling it. So I'm very pleased at the moment...

Russ

July 29th, 2015, 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Geo, thanks for showing me the car in Torun, I remembered now why I thought multipoint injection for petrol was better!
Firstly all the mainstream manufacturers use it, so that must mean something. Secondly with injectors mounted on the manifold, it would be possible to keep the carb as a throttle body, and keep the air filter and connecting pipe all original. That seems like less work to me and makes it possible to swap back to carbureted fuel simply by moving the fuel pipe.

August 11th, 2015, 10:59 pm
Firing on two.

At THE meeting, Geo took me for a spin in his AMI with squirt and spark, ran like a dream, hardly any standard 2cv runs this nice on standard ignition, carburettor e.t.c. really awesome how he managed to get this to work! Of course I have experience with 12-spark, which is the best (my personal opinion) but to make injection work like this?! that's something else, needs so much more input and settingup and testing.

Hope to see more of this project soon!

August 21st, 2015, 7:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11