View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 1-2-Squirt... 
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Post Re: 1-2squirt...
subarupete wrote:
Like +++
But any passengers will always have to sit on the back seat :lol:

At least I have a backseat....... (however driving home yesterday there was lying an engine** too on it)... :lol: :lol: :lol:

** 12hp for 20 euro :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Russ

March 22nd, 2015, 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

That is 0.60 euros per HP ;-)

March 22nd, 2015, 3:14 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Last saturday I did a 250km drive to the A-type markt Gemert as you know.. Drove all the way on 1-2squirt and ofcourse 1-2-spark.. It went surprisingly well.. Had a few injection sinc losses but otherwise it ran like a Swiss clock..

When I showed off at the meeting, starting and running the engine on lpg and my own motormanagement some people where asking if it already was running on LPG, for me a compliment how good it runs already..

So at the homeway I had time to think about the sinc-loses... Then I had a Eureca moment.. I just connected the 1-2-spark
rpm lead (5 volt) to the 1-2-spark unit.. So I thought it misses a pull down resistor and eventually a capacitor..

So I just soldered both into the 1-2-squirt unit and hey presto no sinc-losses so far... Only when I push the horn it is losing sinc.. However I had this also with my KDFI (Megasquirt clone) too, so I'm almost at the same level already..

So next is to implement IAT correction; running over an hour at the highway it ran a little lean so I guess I need a little AIT enrichment...

Also Í'm starting to think how to solve acceleration enrichment...

I need

RPM
map movement over time or over rpm
clt temp

Looking at several programmable ecu's evereyone does it on it's own way (acceleration enrichment)
Personaly I think the acceleration enrichment of Megasquirt sucks..(sorry Jasu :oops: :oops: ) So I think I'm going my own way again...

Any advise is welcome.... :P :P

cheers Geo

Russ

March 23rd, 2015, 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

Hi Geo, unfortunately I was unable to go to the A-markt at Gemert - would have love to see your injection at work - was working all the time on this sunday, but in the evening I managed to do a little job on my 2CV : I designed a special mounting-bracket for the VR-sensor, bracket mounted attached to inlet manifold underneath the carburattor. I will send you some pictures, this bracket may be of help to 1-2-Spark customers ??

Preparations for mounting your 1-2-squirt on my 2CV will continue : I've bought a throttle body with injector and TPS-sensor from a BMW CS650, now I'm designing the connection the connection between the throttle body and the inlet manifold (aiming for single point injection for a start). So when your 1-2-squirt is ready for the first test-driver (I volunteer !!) I will have my preparations ready .... can't wait !

March 24th, 2015, 3:48 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Please put the pictures from the mounting and throttlebody right here.. and if you can't; just send them to me and I will publish them here....

Running only at 1-2-squirt will be a little-bit tricky, so I can switch to normal petrol which I already did a few times.... it will take a few months to solve this and designing a new 1-2squirt PCB.... so please be patient...

azuiper wrote:
Hi Geo, unfortunately I was unable to go to the A-markt at Gemert - would have love to see your injection at work - was working all the time on this sunday, but in the evening I managed to do a little job on my 2CV : I designed a special mounting-bracket for the VR-sensor, bracket mounted attached to inlet manifold underneath the carburattor. I will send you some pictures, this bracket may be of help to 1-2-Spark customers ??

Preparations for mounting your 1-2-squirt on my 2CV will continue : I've bought a throttle body with injector and TPS-sensor from a BMW CS650, now I'm designing the connection the connection between the throttle body and the inlet manifold (aiming for single point injection for a start). So when your 1-2-squirt is ready for the first test-driver (I volunteer !!) I will have my preparations ready .... can't wait !

Russ

March 24th, 2015, 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

... pictures sent to your email-address - feel free to post them if you like ...

March 24th, 2015, 10:29 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

azuiper wrote:
... pictures sent to your email-address - feel free to post them if you like ...

Here are the pics from Azuiper, first I think your VR mounting is going to be awesome..
Attachment:
P1030953.JPG

Attachment:
P1030960.JPG

Attachment:
P1030962.JPG

and your BMW 650cs throttlebody is spot on..
Attachment:
P1030958.JPG

Attachment:
P1030959.JPG

Please can you measure the diameter of the butterfly of the throttlebody and maybe the top and bottom connection.. I like it a lot I think it will make a perfect fit for 1-2-squirt and a 2cv...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ

March 24th, 2015, 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

Quote:
Please can you measure the diameter of the butterfly of the throttlebody and maybe the top and bottom connection.. I like it a lot I think it will make a perfect fit for 1-2-squirt and a 2cv...

BMW stuff is known for its quality - this throttle-body comes from a 650cc motorcycle and will be fitted to my new-build big-bore with new JE forged pistons - this in combination with 1-2-spark and a long-ratio AMI8 gearbox 19-25 prise axel long splines & 8-31 diff should do the job. Later on only one thing remains on the wanted-list : YES 1-2-SQUIRT of course !! :D :D :D

throttle body inlet inner diameter = appr. 47 mm
throttle body outlet inner diameter = appr. 45.5 mm

March 24th, 2015, 11:54 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

azuiper wrote:
Quote:
throttle body inlet inner diameter = appr. 47 mm
throttle body outlet inner diameter = appr. 45.5 mm

If possible also the diameter of the butterfly (gasklep)

azuiper wrote:
Quote:
Later on only one thing remains on the wanted-list : YES 1-2-SQUIRT of course !! :D :D :D

ok the pressure is on again..

Russ

March 25th, 2015, 12:07 am
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

can you feel it on your personal map-sensor already ? ha,ha - I gess you perform best under pressure in your own universe

butterfly is lying too deep to measure, seems one straight diameter from butterflij to outlet side, so must be close to 45.5 mm

March 25th, 2015, 12:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next