View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 1-2-Squirt... 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1-2squirt...
Ok, so for those of us who don't fully understand the technical side of this, how much will it cost me and how hard is it for an amateur to install?

March 15th, 2015, 9:20 pm
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:
how hard is it for an amateur to install?

For amateur, I would say, don't even start to install... :roll:

For me, it took about week to convert carb to efi, and that time almost every parts was modified earlier to fit, and to be honest it took about six years from making the first piece to drive first time with efi. Ok, in that time is included one crash with go-kart, what gave some issues what makes everything harder, including DAI and so on...

What I know, there isn't yet any bolt-on-kit for 2cv efi conversion. Please inform if I'm wrong...

March 15th, 2015, 9:33 pm
Firing on two.

Are you going to run injection on the BMW one?
As about the simple things are sometimes the most obvious - I was in Death Valley testing with Land Rover and the car was pinking and they started to strip the thing to death and plug everything into computers etc. so I just said have you checked the plugs and hey presto they had gone.

March 15th, 2015, 9:49 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Russell wrote:
Ok, so for those of us who don't fully understand the technical side of this, how much will it cost me and how hard is it for an amateur to install?

OK Russel, it is waaaaaaayy to early to ask this question, come back next year around this time and probably you can buy it... or not...

Just made another testdrive and I must say, I'm not dissapointed..., but some issues still to solve..

First when I hit the horn or blinker?? the engine falls down, this can be that I need a + wire directly from the battery, I must test that..

The simpliest way to install is leave your carb on, disconnect the fuelline, put in 2 fuelinjectors with bungs near the inletvalves left and right, mount a highpressure fuelpump, a return fuelpipe 2 tempsenors, pressure connection to the inletmanifold, install 1-2-spark and 1-2-squirt, or only 1-2-squirt with sensor and pickup to the flywheel and off you go..

Or as Jasu says, just don't do it....

Russ

March 15th, 2015, 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

ChrisW wrote:
Are you going to run injection on the BMW one?
As about the simple things are sometimes the most obvious - I was in Death Valley testing with Land Rover and the car was pinking and they started to strip the thing to death and plug everything into computers etc. so I just said have you checked the plugs and hey presto they had gone.

I guess not, like the double 2cv carb setup... changing the beamer to carbs and the 2cv to injection... Why simple if you can do it difficult..... :D :D :D :D :D

Russ

March 15th, 2015, 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

This morning I had my first testcase... Temperatur just below the freezing point (tempsensor is a little off because I haven't calibrate it yet)..

I made a video of it, but I will explain a little...

First attempt I tried to start it it fails, there needs to be more fuel injected to get the engine starded. As you can see I adjust the coolanttemp-adjustment from 80% to 130% eh voila the engine starts, when it runs I can back the fuel of to 80% again and it keepos on running (well sort of) don't have a iddle valve or anything (yet)...

So I need to make a crank-enrichment (when cranking the engine it needs more fuel when it is cold) and maybee a after-start-enrichment (however I dont use this right now)..

Well heres that video:

The next video driving to my workon 1-2-squirt, yes this is my daily-driver, so from now on I will drive on 1-2-Squirt (and 1-2-Spark ofcourse)..
And I must say I have already more topspeed then I had with Megasquirt, (probably do to I did bad job tuning Megasquirt) :D :D :D

Now the issues I have....

First I'm squirting on Ignition-drivers (because I had no injection-drivers) but I disperat wanted to test... So I badly need injectiondrivers. Now sometimes my injectiondrivers make a strange noise (I hope it is due to this)...

Also as I said before when I put my pinkers on or horn, the fuelsupply falls down, partly because I have no real voltage sensor in it, but most because I'm talking the current from there..

So I'm going to make a direct + line from the batery and see if this solves the problem (for now)..

Then ofcourse the cold cranking issue..

and as last I need acceleration enrichment...

Other then that I'm very satisfied (as you can in the video overtaking a Mercedes :lol: :lol: :lol: )

So the next few days I want to programm crank-enrichment...

Geo..

Russ

March 16th, 2015, 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Today I got a simple crank-enrichment-factor going..

For now it is very simple:
Goes like this....

If the rpm is lower then the crank-rpm (in my case 400rpm) it is going to compare.

If coolanttemp is lower then 20 (deg.Celcius) give 5% of extra enrichment (on top of the naked pulsewidth)
If coolanttemp is lower then 15 (deg.Celcius) give 10% of extra enrichment (on top of the naked pulsewidth)
If coolanttemp is lower then 10 (deg.Celcius) give 15% of extra enrichment (on top of the naked pulsewidth)
and so on..
I've made also a led going on if the chip is in cranking enrichment

So it seems to work.So tommorow morning I hope I can start the engine without adjusting the coolanttempfactor..

However still in doubt, if I take the cranking enrichment over the bare pulsewidht (from the VE table) or pulswidth + coolantfactor + IAtfactor... Well we will see what works out best...

If this works (It will I know for sure) I will make it calculate liniear between two points.. and after that I'm going to write a nice
piece of software :P :P , so that I can adjust it by laptop...

It is going to look like this...

Attachment:
coolant.jpg

p.s. the temperature says 999 when no sensor is connected. The correction-factor will be 100% so no correction at all...

to be continued..

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ

March 18th, 2015, 12:52 am
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

.. as we are continues curious about the progress ...
for now : sleep well in your own universe - have a positive test in the morning driving to work

March 18th, 2015, 1:11 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Yesterday I went to the A-markt, about 250km on my own motormanagement, to start with I did a 1:13.7 l/km driving on my ignition and injection running on LPG driving about 100km/h on "Autobahn"....

So for me this is not bad at all.... (megasquirt did 1/12.5) Sometimes there was a little hasitation, but it behaved well all the time..

I think I need a pull-down resistor to take out the last hasitations.. will try this next week,

Showed it off to some interested people, and they where all surprised how well it runs already... (Azuiper I missed you did you come over??)

Starting to think about how I'm going to do acceleration enrichment..

Looking at several programmable systems software, everybody goes another route....
and does it on its own way/manner... Again Megasquirt is a pain in the ass for me (sorry Jasu) to get a decent acceleration enrichment, so this is not the way to go for me...

Russ

March 22nd, 2015, 11:38 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Like +++
But any passengers will always have to sit on the back seat :lol:

March 22nd, 2015, 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next