View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 1-2-Squirt... 
2CV Fan

Post Re: 1-2squirt...
amazing, Geo, my sincere congratulations. I hope you will take your latest invention to the A-markt - hope to make time to visit too and have a good look - next - I will give you the first customer order for the awsome 1-2-squirt ....

March 15th, 2015, 12:57 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Thanks guys, to be honest I am amazed myself, did a little drive around the block... which I couldn't have dreamed off in the best case scenario...

The first video is accualy a video of the second run..

The first attempt took me about 5 minits befor the engine started (trying to get the pulsewidht right) and then I had to fill out all the cells 1 by 1 revving the engine more and more..

One thing I don't understand is that I need about double the pulsewidht compared to Megasquirt.. hmmm my timing is right, 6000 us is really 6000 us (0.006) sec. Don't know where it goes wrong. Whatever the engine runs on 1-2-Squirt..

The second video is really a video of the first drive of 1-2-Squirt (and 1-2-Spark), yes I had a little drive on my very own programmable motormanagement system, EFI, ECU.. (sorry can't hold back, have to mention this) :D :D :D :D

After my video was made the engine leaned off, (do to going to normal heat)
so there is a lot of tuning to do..

To be honest, at some moments I had already the feeling it drove smoother then with Megasquirt (but this has probably something to do with "my own baby is the cutest baby in the world).........

Ps. offcourse the software isn;t right at the moment, it says still dwell up there (insted of injector-deadtime) and it lags behind here and there, but that has low priority for me right now..

Now please enjoy the videos of 1-2-Squirt my own injection system, did I mention that allready?? :D :D :D

Russ

March 15th, 2015, 1:21 am
Profile WWW

To be honest, can't grasp what you are doing here...I really must catch up on my engine basics...
Cool, just cool! Congrats.

March 15th, 2015, 2:00 pm
Firing on two.

nice, well done....

March 15th, 2015, 3:49 pm
Firing on two.

Congrats, and now "the real work" is just beginning...

It is quite easy to make engine running with injection, the harder part of fun is to make it work good enough in every thinkable situation. My opinion is, then is time to celebrate, when you can get same or better MPG than carb or MS.

Some time ago, over 15 or more, I was very interested to make my own injection. For that, I made very simple testing, an analog "ECU" what had IAT, CLT and air flow meter (all from L-Jetronic), and with them the engine run quite well. Lambda was only for metering, AFR was surprisingly good, when running engine on test stand. And the funny part, "the ECU" had only eight components, NE555 timer and seven other...

After much more thinking, I realised that I didn't have enough know-how to desing system, so after all I was very satisfied what Bowling and Grippo had made when them decided to publish Megasquirt...

lpgo wrote:
I don't have a tps-sensor at the moment.

Yes, it isn't necessary, compared to Bosch Jetronic and Motronic, they hadn't TPS (only contact fot idle and WOT), Jetronic hadn't even Lambda, but with that is made lot of cars. But with TPS it is easier to handle few things...

And yes, go on. I'm too very interested to see results, it is nice to see different way of thinking..!

March 15th, 2015, 4:25 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Thanks Jasu, I appreciate your post.... and yes you are so right, now the fun only begins...

I always say this, it take half an hour to programm something, but it takes half a month to programm the exeptions... and make it failsafe...

But I never thought first time I put it in my car it would work.... so this is a great relief for me, I know now I'm heading in the right direction....

Today I wanted to start the cold engine at 1-2-squirt but it didn't start... (just for a few short moments, so I put Megasquirt in its place and again nothing, so my first guess was I blew up the injectors running them without pwm, (but I know some people who run them all the time without pwm).....

So I changed to petrol to get the engine going,,, after a while I came to the conclusion that my LPG tank was empty :oops: :oops: :oops: Thats why it was leaning out yesterday evening.....

Here is a pic from "the day after"...

Attachment:
the day after.jpg

Next week I'm going to programm cranking enrichment, I think I will need it....

and now I'm off for another tuning session....

jasu wrote:
Congrats, and now "the real work" is just beginning...

It is quite easy to make engine running with injection, the harder part of fun is to make it work good enough in every thinkable situation. My opinion is, then is time to celebrate, when you can get same or better MPG than carb or MS.

Some time ago, over 15 or more, I was very interested to make my own injection. For that, I made very simple testing, an analog "ECU" what had IAT, CLT and air flow meter (all from L-Jetronic), and with them the engine run quite well. Lambda was only for metering, AFR was surprisingly good, when running engine on test stand. And the funny part, "the ECU" had only eight components, NE555 timer and seven other...

After much more thinking, I realised that I didn't have enough know-how to desing system, so after all I was very satisfied what Bowling and Grippo had made when them decided to publish Megasquirt...

lpgo wrote:
I don't have a tps-sensor at the moment.

Yes, it isn't necessary, compared to Bosch Jetronic and Motronic, they hadn't TPS (only contact fot idle and WOT), Jetronic hadn't even Lambda, but with that is made lot of cars. But with TPS it is easier to handle few things...

And yes, go on. I'm too very interested to see results, it is nice to see different way of thinking..!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ

March 15th, 2015, 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

So I changed to petrol to get the engine going,,, after a while I came to the conclusion that my LPG tank was empty :oops: :oops: :oops: Thats why it was leaning out yesterday evening.....
:)
Brilliant as usual - in a way I am glad I got rid of the Turbo as next could have been injected Turbo etc etc....... ;)

March 15th, 2015, 7:01 pm
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:
So I changed to petrol to get the engine going,,, after a while I came to the conclusion that my LPG tank was empty :oops: :oops: :oops:

This happens quite usually, at the beginning of tuning... :roll:

Well, you didn't start to tear engine to pieces, that happened with one Volvo. Engine stalled, didn't start anymore, and soon after they got cylinder head off, someone checked the fuel level, tank was empty... :lol:

Also, anything can and will happen, with modified stuff..:

Efi turbo 2cv lost rpm signal, far enough from home, so only solution was to find what was wrong and repair it. Luckily I took my soldering tools with us, at first trip (over 300km from home) after near 5 km testdrive... :mrgreen:

And yes, we had plenty of fun, tuned quite nice on next 100km, after that only driving and looking how engine works

March 15th, 2015, 7:25 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

ChrisW wrote:
:)
Brilliant as usual - in a way I am glad I got rid of the Turbo as next could have been injected Turbo etc etc....... ;)

To be honest, I was thinking about you, still thankfull. You pushed me to develop
this nice 3D ignition-table and now also injection-table....
and ofcourse you where about one of the first to fit injection :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russ

March 15th, 2015, 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

@Jasu. Luckely I never needed to solder "ïn the field" however 2 years ago heading to Spain I had a solder iron with me..... just in case..

Russ

March 15th, 2015, 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next