View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 6:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Teknikle questions 
viking bastard

Post Re: Teknikle questions
http://www.cats-citroen.net/citroen_2cv ... lgian.html

http://www.citroenet.org.uk/foreign/bel ... gium2.html

December 25th, 2014, 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Yes, and what do you mean by those links ???? :roll:

December 25th, 2014, 6:24 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

AZL57 wrote:
Yes, and what do you mean by those links ???? :roll:

Well, there's this in the second link.
"The "paper clips" continued to be fitted to the AZAM 3 (which was the AZAM 6 in terms of trim but fitted with the 425 cm3 engine of the AZL) and to the AZAM 6. "

According to the information on Jeroen's site, the AZM3 was produced from 1963 to 1967...

December 25th, 2014, 6:34 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

2CViking wrote:
All 425 6 volts has the dynamo mounted directly on the crank shaft. Never seen or heard of manifold mounted dynamo for 425. Ami 6 6 volt yes but not 425!!! Any chance of a photo?

You are so right, BUT these are 425 with12 volt.. so a 425 with 12 volt, that's why they have a big dynamo (like the ami 6 from 67 to 68) giving it 12 volt.. (Till the new M28 602arrived). So yes there are 425 engines with a dynamo mounted at the inlet manifold....

Now take a very good look at te picture on last page.. This is an AZU 425 running on 12volt with dynamo mounted on top of the manifold.. as said before Dyane had the same for a short periode, till the 435 arrived (at least here in Holland in I think in France too)...

Now please believe and go in peace....

Russ

December 25th, 2014, 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Play nicely, children..........

1966 Ami Break

December 25th, 2014, 8:38 pm
Firing on two.

So, back to the original questions please :

Q1. What carb is this supposed to have? Would it be an inline stud PICS34? The PICS40 on the M4 has diagonal studs, & is even bigger, or was an entirely different carb fitted to the late Belgium 425? Incidentally my AZU 425cc PO, 1967, has a 28mm Zenith on it, I'm assuming that is 'aftermarket' mod?

Q2. Seems to be resolved, 2 tankfulls @ mostly flat out and it seems happy tho still won't climb hills or accelerate faster than a glacier - I'm guessing a lack of compression now... AZU gearbox is also ok, has synchro :D but is much lower geared, speedo is under reading by about 10kph... Having just read wot I wrote there... surely with a lower final drive the speedo should over read i.e. show a faster speed than before? I'm running out of revs before I get to the gearshift mark on the speedo... or am I missing something blindingly obvious here? :roll:

Thanks

December 30th, 2014, 1:45 pm
Firing on two.

I may be wrong but... Doesn't the speedo drive pinion under the rear cover of the gearbox match the final drive ratio? ie. changing to a box with a different final drive shouldn't affect the accuracy of the speedo.
Otherwise you'd have to match your speedo to your gearbox, and I'm pretty sure that isn't a thing.

January 1st, 2015, 12:16 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

citroenboat wrote:
So, back to the original questions please :

Q1. What carb is this supposed to have? Would it be an inline stud PICS34? The PICS40 on the M4 has diagonal studs, & is even bigger, or was an entirely different carb fitted to the late Belgium 425? Incidentally my AZU 425cc PO, 1967, has a 28mm Zenith on it, I'm assuming that is 'aftermarket' mod?

Q2. Seems to be resolved, 2 tankfulls @ mostly flat out and it seems happy tho still won't climb hills or accelerate faster than a glacier - I'm guessing a lack of compression now... AZU gearbox is also ok, has synchro :D but is much lower geared, speedo is under reading by about 10kph... Having just read wot I wrote there... surely with a lower final drive the speedo should over read i.e. show a faster speed than before? I'm running out of revs before I get to the gearshift mark on the speedo... or am I missing something blindingly obvious here? :roll:

Thanks

Q1. First M4 engines (Ami6, Azam6, AK350) also have inline studs.... so theoreticly you can use also a carb of them.... for the rest I don;t have numbers of jets for it... If it runs to lean (hard to say without lambda probe) then you can drill the jets slighly bigger (.2mm or so).. or try bigger jets (if you can lay hand on them)...

Lack of power can also be that the engine is running to lean.... or combi from lack of compression and running to lean...

However I think it never will run (much) faster then 90km/h in this config. , how fast is yours now?????

Q2. I think there are several diffrent speedo's... at my '51 2cv my engine is outrunning the gearmarkes all the time by up to 15km/h, if I shift at the mark theres no power at all in the next gear.....

My opinion, all these old engines (with flat heads (in- and outlet are in one flat)) are torque engines, you shouldn't rev them higher then 5000rpm when shifting... torque does it
(well up to 60 km/h :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Russ

January 1st, 2015, 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Joolz wrote:
I may be wrong but... Doesn't the speedo drive pinion under the rear cover of the gearbox match the final drive ratio? ie. changing to a box with a different final drive shouldn't affect the accuracy of the speedo.
Otherwise you'd have to match your speedo to your gearbox, and I'm pretty sure that isn't a thing.

There is three gears, what makes speedo to the correct speed, final gear, the rearmost gears and gears at speedo cable. All three (two between 2cv4 and 2cv6) alters...

And if I remember correct, the speedo ratio is 2,1:1 with 2cv4, 2cv6 and Ami8, and for "oldies" the ratio is 2:1. This ratio means speedo cable revolutions/travelled 1 meter, that makes the difference when put 602cc engine/box to AZ etc...

January 1st, 2015, 1:36 pm
Firing on two.

Thanks Geo - will hunt for an inline Ami carb. All my (very limited) Ami6 experience had the diagonal stud carbs.
Managed around 52-3mph (about 80+kmh) on the flat measured on the GPS - reading about 65kmh on the speedo. Before the g'box change flat out speed would have shown as 80-90kph - never measured this with GPS but it feels slower now, not that 'feeling' is in anyway a reliable measure. :lol:

Jasu the 2 gearboxs appear to be 425 boxes so should be the 2 : 1 gear. The one now in the car came out of the '67 AZU hence me thinking the final drive would be lower - but I have no way of knowing if it is the van's original box!

On another tack... Starting from cold it only runs on one cylinder, second one chimes in after a 30secs or so. Several people commented that theirs did this as well, I had tried pulling a plug lead off to see which cylinder it was but every time I did this it stopped instantly, whichever lead I took off??? Only common parts are coil & ignition (in this case a 123) - is this a 123 problem? - so it must miss every other spark...? Coil taking too long to charge up to support every spark...?
I want 12Spark for the AZU when I get to that stage with it... ;)

January 2nd, 2015, 11:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next